MetroJet

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 02:29 PM
Colleen

MetroJet

I've made a tentative reservation with US Airways. They said that I would be flying MetroJet. Can anyone give me any information about what this means?

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 03:51 PM
Jeff

What this means is---RUN.

I am very unimpressed by their airline. They don't consider themselves part of US Airways and were quite rude about it. While I concede that some on this forum have found little wrong with Metrojet, my wife and I actually bought a return ticket on a different airline because my wife refused to return on Metrojet. I don't blame her because everyone on the plane knew that there was something seriously wrong with the takeoff. When I got home, I found that our return flight was cancelled due to "equipment problems". Take Delta, even TWA to Florida

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 03:58 PM
Miriam

Ask a travel agent or even US Airways to be sure that this isn't the same former VALUJet that crashed in the Everglades..it's either MetroJet or AirTran that is the former ValuJet. Call the airline 800 # and ask themabout the Metro Jet specifically. Maybe it's used for shorter rides..that is your best bet in addition to the nice people here that may know first hand.
Let me check something for you. Here's a web site. HOWEVER, if it IS the former ValuJet...it wouldn't say it. I really think that AIR TRAN is the former ValuJet..but anyway.here's the information.

http://www.usairways.com/metrojet/inside.htm

Inside MetroJet

MetroJet by US Airways is a single-class service with everyday low fares.

MetroJet offers affordable airfares ranging from low advance purchase tickets to attractive last-minute fares that fit any budget. MetroJet customers also get the added flexibility to change reservations without a service charge, and the full value of your ticket can be applied to the purchase of other MetroJet fares.

Plus, when you choose electronic ticketing on MetroJet, you have nothing to carry, nothing to lose and nothing to forget.

Purchase a Ticket

You may purchase your tickets online or call 1-888-METROJET (1-888-638-7653).

Airport Experience

View US Airways' eight terminal maps, the MetroJet seat diagram and route map. Learn more about advance seat assignments and boarding passes, traveling with pets and using electronic ticketing through our FAQs.

MetroJet Services

Plan your entire trip to Florida with MetroJet and US Airways Vacations.

MetroJet accommodates customers traveling in Groups and Meetings.

Cargo is accepted on MetroJet flights. With CargoWorks, you can track your shipment with "real time" status information from airport drop-off to final recovery.

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 04:01 PM
Miriam

Colleen, here are some FAQ's about it.
http://www.usairways.com/metrojet/faq.htm

Frequently Asked Questions

What is MetroJet?
MetroJet offers a low-fare, single-class jet service with a convenient schedule of more than 200 daily flights to destinations on the East Coast. Last-minute travel is ideal with low fares available even on the day of departure.

Where does MetroJet fly?
Check our route map for cities served.

What does the MetroJet aircraft look like?
MetroJet aircraft are painted with a red top and gray underside. The blue tail carries the familiar US Airways stylized flag.

What is the service like on board?
MetroJet provides a full selection of beverages, plus snack items.

How can I buy a ticket on MetroJet?
MetroJet customers may purchase a ticket online or call 1-888-METROJET (1-888-638-7653).

Is MetroJet part of the US Airways frequent flier program?
Yes. If you are not a member of Dividend Miles and would like to start earning free travel to hundreds of destinations worldwide on US Airways, MetroJet and all Dividend Miles airline partners, enroll in Dividend Miles online today.

Do I need to get to the airport early to get a good seat?
No. On MetroJet, advance seat assignments are available when you make your reservation.

Will MetroJet customers be able to connect and check their bags to other US Airways domestic and international flights?
Yes.

Will MetroJet customers have carry-on baggage limitations?
MetroJet's carry-on baggage limitations are the same as all US Airways flights. Customers may bring two pieces of carry-on luggage as long as one can fit under the seat in front of you.

Does MetroJet allow electronic tickets?
Yes. Just remember to bring a government issued photo I.D. and the credit card used to purchase your electronic ticket to the airport on the day of your trip.

How much is the change fee if I need to change my travel plans?
On MetroJet there is no change fee and the full value of your ticket may be applied to the purchase of future MetroJet fares. Customers changing travel plans on MetroJet flights need to requalify for MetroJet fares.

Can I upgrade to first class on MetroJet?
MetroJet aircraft are only configured for a single class. However, MetroJet has a 33" seat pitch which provides extra leg room for a more comfortable travel experience.

Can I ship cargo on MetroJet?
Yes. MetroJet can accept up to 1,500 pounds of mail, freight and cargo.

I require special assistance. Who should I notify?
There is no special assist pre-boarding announcement. However, please notify the gate agent when you receive your boarding pass, and someone will board you before general boarding.

Can my pet travel with me?
Yes. Carry-on pets many accompany passengers on board MetroJet flights for an extra charge.

Where do I get my boarding pass?
On MetroJet flights, boarding passes are issued at the departure gate up to 90 minutes prior to departure to expedite the boarding process and ensure an on-time departure.

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 04:03 PM
Miriam

btw, my travel agent is the one that told me there was one jet, either MetroJet or AirTran that is the former ValuJet and it is not a very well known fact. I just can't remember which of the two she said it was.

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 04:17 PM
John

ValuJet became AirTran. MetroJet was formed by US Airways.

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 05:19 PM
hcw

I've flown MetroJet several times recently, from Jacksonville to points north, and found the experience more than pleasant -- on time, good service, helpful staff -- far superior to most of my recent Delta (as in 'Doesn't Even Leave The Airport') experiences, including last night's, when we were 20 minutes into a delayed Cincinnati to JAX flight when we were returned to Cinci because of a 'pressurization' problem, then told that the flight was cancelled, all flights into JAX were overbooked, and they could MAYBE get us on a flight arriving at 10:30 p.m. -- okay maybe if you live there, but not so great if you have a 2-hr drive after arrival!
Anyway, I like MetroJet, I like Midway, I love Southwest, I even like AirTran -- at least those smaller airlines seem to care if you're there, and to take pains to be sure that you have a good experience . . . unlike some other airlines.

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 07:10 AM
susan

Metrojet was formed to compete on the same level with Southwest Airlines, so it is the same kind of no-frills concept. I have found it to be infinitely preferable to Southwest, however. For one thing, you can have an assigned seat, so you don't have to go through that appalling boarding scene that occurs on every Southwest flight.

The planes are regular jets. You will probably notice absolutely no difference between Metrojet and any regular airline, particularly if you are taking a direct flight.

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 07:36 AM
ilisa

I have flown MetroJet several times with no problem whatsoever. My flights have always been on time and the service was just fine. The one thing that really impressed me was that even though they do not offer pre-boarding, they let my family and I on early in order to install the car seat for our daughter.

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 07:53 AM
lisa

I've flown Metrojet and found it to be just like any other USAirways flight. They seem to use airports that are less convenient to me, but other than that I don't mind flying them if I can get a good deal. Once I had to cancel a ticket I'd purchased and assumed I'd have to eat it, but they gave me a voucher for the amount of the ticket to use any time within the next two years on any other Metrojet flight.

Old Sep 27th, 2000, 12:29 PM
Cyndy

We flew Metrojet to Boston from Florida and had a great flight. No problems. We also like Delta and used them to Atlanta, but I HATED the 700 jet they now have. Horrible turbulence that we haven't experienced with their other smaller aircraft. My husband has flown Airtran (formerly Valujet) and will never use them again. I'd fly Metrojet again.