Notices

Metro pass

Jul 12th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

Metro pass

Im in Washington for just under3 days and want to get a metro card for that period, would like to use metro for all my travel as I am based in Crystal City and plan on visiting the city and as far as Fedex Field (Morgan Blvd.) what are my options, family of 3 all over 15.
Jul 12th, 2014, 08:55 AM

If you search here, there have been many helpful replies on this subject. I am not an expert on which is the best value, just want to say that each person will need his/her own card--you cannot share.
Jul 12th, 2014, 01:05 PM

Order online or purchase when you arrive Smartrip cards (available at all Metro stations). For $10 each you get the reloadable card ($2) and $8 in fares. Your fares into DC from Crystal City and around DC will likely be $2 plus change per ride. You can add money to the card as you go. Look at a map as you lay out your plans for each day -- the shortest distance between things may be by foot and not subway.

Depending on what else you have planned for the day, a one day travel pass might be a cost savings the day to travel to FedEx Field. $14.50 I think.
Jul 13th, 2014, 11:20 AM

Metro fares are based on distance, so you must use your card to both enter the Metro and when you leave at your destination - so keep card handy and don't lose it.

Search this Thread