Reload this Page >

Mendocino, CA: Suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 1997, 08:22 PM
L.Franklin

We would appreciate any suggestions regarding great restaurants and incredible bed and breakfast inns in Mendocino or surrounding areas. Thanks!

Old Jul 22nd, 1997, 05:37 AM
petrice

Best restaurant is Cafe Beajolais (spelling?) but all are good. We have stayed at the Stanford Inn by the Sea, which is fabulous, as well as the Mendocino Hotel and the John Stowe House, which were also good. I've heard the Albion Inn just sounth of Mendocino in Albion is great too! Mendocino is one of our favorite places. Very romantic. Enjoy!

Old Aug 3rd, 1997, 12:59 PM
Dennis Holland

Little River Inn just south of Mendocino is very nice with a wide range of accomodations from rooms in the main inn cosy and cheap with view of the ocean from the windows to cottages and suites. Restaurant serves wonderful food, golf and tennis on the premises.
Recommend it highly.
Dennis

Old Sep 5th, 1997, 02:01 PM
Scott S.

I researched B&Bs and guest houses thoroughly. The best buy, I thought, was Sears Guest Cottages in the town of Mendocino. We got the Flower cottage, which was a small, studio-type cottage with a wood-burning stove, etc. About $105 per night. No ocean view, but about the best value. There are several others, try the internet by typing in Mendocino. There are about 10 places which are good, including the others mentioned in replies

Old Sep 30th, 1997, 10:54 PM
Janice Nagano

Best Restaurant: Cafe Beaujolais, hands down!

Had wonderful accommodations (although not a B&B) at the Blackberry Inn, which is not on the water.

Reserve the room "Belle's Place." We paid $135 in 1995. Call 707/937-5281. Has fireplace and its own little kitchenette. Charming and quaint. I loved it!

Old Oct 15th, 1997, 02:41 PM
bob

I suggest you stay in Ft. Bragg, about 10 miles north of Mendocino on Hwy 101. Stay at the Glass Beach Inn in town (Nancy, the owner, is great!) Nice rooms (some w/ f-place) and good b-fast each day. Visit the North Coast Brewing Co. for food and, especially, their excellent beer (Pranqster Belgian Ale-be careful!). See Dave, the bartender, for interesting conversation and laughs. If the weather is nice, go for a hike at the state park (can't remember the name... check w/ a local) just north of town. Make sure you go to the Albion River Inn (on Hwy 101, south of Mendocino) for dinner - try to time it so that you catch the sunset. Excellent food, great service and spectacular view! Enjoy!!