Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Memphis- Hotels Near St. Judes Childrens Hospital.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can any one tell me what hotels might be near St. Judes Childrens Hospital. My niece will be doing a summer internship there, and we need somewhere to stay for one or two nights. Thanks
Old May 3rd, 2007, 05:46 PM

I live in Memphis. I would try the Comfort Inn on the riverfront..address should be Front St. or the Hampton Inn at Peabody Place. They are both closer to Beale and Autozone Park/Fedex Forum but still just a short distance to St. Jude. The area around St. Jude isn't as touristy, so I can't think of anything in walking distance off the top of my head, but with so many out-of-town folks coming to St. Jude, I bet they have a list or something that they give out. Maybe try their website? My best friend's hubby works there so if this thread isn't buried by tomorrow, I'll try to ask him what's closer than the two I've listed.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 06:50 PM

When I interviewed at St. Jude they had me stay at the Springhill Suites (Marriott). I thought it was great - good location, fridge/microwave/wet bar, sitting area as well as bedroom.
Old May 4th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for the info.....I'll look into all these hotels.
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:58 PM

The Marriott is fairly close to St. Judes and is on the trolley line, which will take you all over the downtown area. A new Westin is open next to the Fed-Ex Forum, which is right off of Beale St. Other hotels that are close include the Doubletree (recently renovated), the Peabody, The Hampton at Peabody, or the Residence Inn downtown.
These are all in touristy areas and although aren't as nice as the Westin, they will meet your needs.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Decided on the Marriott, Downtown. Thanks for all your help.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:45 AM

Best of luck....I was there last summer and my room was filthy.I had to call housekeeping. I did, however, find a pair of brand new Dolce sunglasses under the chair where they had failed to run the sweeper. There was so much dust in that room, I was on allergy medicine for a week. If you get there and your room is like that, GET THE MANAGER! There's a small restaurant about half a block away called Westy's. It's kind of blue plate meets Cajun...real diverse, really really good and reasonable.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:40 PM

The Marriott Hotel or Marriott Residence Inn downtown? We stay regularly at the Residence Inn and absolutely love it!