Memphis hotel

Old Jun 3rd, 2000, 07:07 PM
xxx

Memphis hotel

I went to Memphis June 1 for a graduation, and stayed at the French Quarter suites hotel upon recommendation of fodors. This place was beautiful on the outside, but inside the accomodations were deplorable. Some rooms have a mildewy smell to them, my parents had to request another room due to the smell. The carpets were stained and ripped, the sinks had cracks and brown stains. The place was just runned down and I would not recommend this place to anyone at this time. My family decided to move to another hotel the next night due to the conditions. The hotel if totally remodeled could be a beautiful place, but under present management I don't think fodors should recommend this hotel to anyone.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 05:53 AM
anna

I agree I went to Memphis a few months ago and it was awful and run down. The people were very nice, but I would never stay there again

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 04:16 PM
Bo

Stay at an Embassy Suites and you can't go wrong. I've stayed at the ES near the mall of Memphis at it was very nice. As for Memphis being run down, it's like most cities, it has it's nice areas and not so nice areas. I personally prefer a night on Beale Street over something like Bourbon St. any day.

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 06:01 PM
Sam

What is the best hotel in Memphis?
Have to ge there in mid-Jan.

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 06:17 PM
susan

The BEST hotel in Memphis is the Peabody...I'm not sure the rooms are good enough to warrant the price (try the Raddison across the street)

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 08:26 AM
Gary

On the other hand, my room at the Peabody certainly was worth the price. That was one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in.