Reload this Page >

McMenamins in Oregon?

Search

McMenamins in Oregon?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 10:05 PM
mila

McMenamins in Oregon?

We stayed at McMenamins Edgefield a year or so ago and had a lot of fun-- affordable, relaxed, quirky.
We'll be passing through Oregon again and I wondered if anyone had stayed at any of the other McMenamin's properties in Oregon. We wouldn't mind going back to Edgefield, but we'd also love to try something new. We planned on driving along the coast, but we're willing to take a detour if it's worthwhile.
Many thanks,
Mila

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 02:51 PM
Glenda

McMenamins has many wonderful places to stay in northern Oregon. Check their website.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 04:57 PM
Sarah

While I haven't stayed over night at the facility, I have enjoyed a few meals at the Kennedy School that they have in Portland. Like you, I found Edgefield to be a fun change from the typical hotel stay. I think you'd enjoy the Kennedy School hotel as well if you're going to be in the area.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 06:38 PM
Kris

We stayed at the Grand Lodge in Forest Grove last December. I didn't think anyplace could be cooler than Edgefield, but Grand Lodge is REALLY cool!

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 03:28 PM
BA

I concur Edgefield is great!. Wife/I are headed there next weekend. Has anyone stayed at Hotel Oregon? and what wineries nearby do you recommend?

thx