Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Maui Prince or Renaissance Wailea? Need Comments.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 1998, 09:44 PM
Mary Piazza

My husband and I will be in Maui the first week of November. We can't decide between the Maui Prince or Renaissance Weilea. My husband wants to play the golf courses at Makeana and Weilea and we want to be on a nice beach at a nice hotel which is not in a conjested area. Would appreciate comments from anyone who has been to either of these hotels.

Old Sep 23rd, 1998, 01:58 PM
Beth

Mary...you just described the Maui Prince to a tee!! The North and South courses are beautiful (you can view them online). The beach is one of the prettiest on Maui and is low congestion because the Prince kind of sits off by itself. The hotel itself is beautiful. Just my opinion!!

Old Sep 24th, 1998, 05:44 AM
Sara

Hi Mary. I stayed at the Renaissance Wailea last October/November with my husband and our 3 year old daughter. It was a very nice property for the price - I got 50% off the rate with the entertainment card. It wasn't as luxurious as the Four Seasons/Grand Wailea/Kea Lani that are right next door, but our room was rather large. The staff was very accomodating and at that time of the year not crowded at all. The Maui Prince is a bit further away from the rest of these other resorts which share the same walk way along the beach. We enjoyed the stroll between these hotels in the evening. But if you want to be a little bit away from everything, perhaps the Maui Prince is best. No matter where you stay in Maui, it will be absolutely wonderful! Have a great trip.

Old Sep 25th, 1998, 03:15 PM
ar

Sara,

can you share the name of the Entertainment Card??

Old Sep 27th, 1998, 08:56 PM
meme

i just wanted to say,my sister and 11 year old niece and myself went to maui last sept.-oct.- stayed at the hyatt regency and one night at the westin . both hotels were just fabulous.we were treated like royalty. and , maui. i would love to go back one way. it is the most beautiful place on earth. it is truly paradise!!!!! have a wonderful trip, and ps. take a tour bus to ''the road to hana '' u n believable. the best!