Search

Maui Ocean Center

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2002, 06:57 AM
Diane

Maui Ocean Center

Has anyone gone to Maui Ocean center? Is it worth going?

Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:30 AM
jmm

I enjoyed it - we went the morning before a flight out at 1PM - it was a great non beach way to spend a morning. very close up views of turtles and rays,walk through tube where fish swim over your head. Can be done thoroughly in 2-3 hours. nice souvenir shop for any last minute purchases.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:39 AM
bettyk

Agree with jmm. We really enjoyed it. Go to Buzz's Wharf next door for lunch. Great seafood!

Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:50 AM
Diane

Thanks!! I am always looking for a good way to spend time before airport. My BF hates to beach it that day.

Old May 4th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Deb

Don't bother. Most boring place we've been. Especially if you've been snorkeling in the awesome Hawaiian waters! WAY overpriced!

Old May 4th, 2002, 05:18 PM
bettyk

I don't agree with Deb. We did quite a bit of snorkeling and saw tons of fabulous sea life including turtles. BUT, at MOC you get a close up view of other critters like lobsters, shrimp, jelley fish, eels, that you don't readily come in contact with. And, I felt the price was reasonable considering it was Maui.

Old May 13th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Patty

We enjoyed it and didn't find it overpriced compared to mainlain aquariums.

Old May 13th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Patty

Oops, that should read "mainland" aquariums.

Old May 13th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Dave

Went a few years ago and the price of admission was worth it just to see the Tiger Shark in the aquarium.

Old May 29th, 2002, 08:47 AM
Tony

We just went to the Ocean Center on Monday before our flight and loved it. Take the audio for $2 - it's very educational and worth the money. I've snorkelled in Hawaii before but have never seen a Humuhumunukunukupuia up close before, let along a reef shark (don't want to!). And sitting down in the tube for very relaxing, especially when a stingray glides over you.