Reload this Page >

Maui Marriott Hotel/Villas for Romance?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Suzanne Kushner

Can anyone comment on the "romance factor" at the Maui Marriott since they finished their remodel? I am sending a dear friend and her boyfriend to Maui in April. I have enough Marriott points to get them an oceanview Villa in the timeshare area. My only concern from all the reviews I have read, is that the hotel is overrun with screaming kids!!! Not a real sanctuary for adults. Also, the web photos of the villas make them look rather spartan, and not terribly romantic. Any comments?

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 07:47 AM
jan

Oh, there were alot of kids this summer. Can you get them something at the Kauai Marriott?? It is very romantic--one of the best places in Kauai to stay.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 08:35 PM
suzanne

Thanks Jan. Great suggestion. The couple was VERY interested in seeing Maui, not Kauai. I have also heard that the Kauai Marriott is really beautiful, timeshares, too...Unfortunately, no free space if you're using "points..."

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 06:02 AM
jan

OK then--on a positive note--the kids were not "screaming". Since the hotel was just renovated, it is in very good condition--looks like brand new. Why don't you give them a romance basket to take along (candles, massage oil, etc). It is a lovely hotel and they will not be disappointed.

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 10:47 AM
suzanne

Love it! Great advice...thanks very much...

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 06:12 PM
hodges26

Suzanne,

You can also use Marriott points for the Renaissance in Wailea. We're going in April and are using points to stay here. Hopefully, it won't be overrun with kids.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Ron

We just returned from Maui. Stayed at the Marriott in an oceanview villa in the timeshare area and just loved it. The suites are beautifully furnished and very spacious.
We were there over New Years so it was very busy but we did't find it overrun with kids. It was great to open the sliding glass doors and hear the sound of the surf. You can lay in bed and see and hear the ocean! I would recommend staying there. The pools were fun too. We also stayed at the Kauai Marriott the following week. It too is very nice but we preferred the Maui Marriott. It had a more romantic pool area and bigger and better equipped rooms. The beach is nicer and it is only a short walk to the Black Rock for awesome snorkeling.