Search

Maui Marriot

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 07:59 PM
dave

Maui Marriot

Supposed to stay at the Hyatt in Kaui and MAui in Sept '02. recently I have read some not so great reviews on the rooms at the Maui Hyatt. I understand it does not hold a candle to the KAui Hyatt.
Any thoughts about this?
Anyone seen the renovated Marriot or the Renessaince? I have not read much negative on these locations. The only neg about the Rennaisance I believ is the small pool. Is it really that bad? Also, after spending 6 quiet nights in Kauai should we stay in the north section of Maui. My brother says if he was to go back for his honeymoon (styaed at 4 seasons) he would have stayed in the north. I assume this is personal preference. Still would like opinions.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 07:12 AM
jeff

I am on my way to Maui now! (layover in MSP). I am staying 5 nights at the Marriott and 3 at the renaisance. I will post my reviews at the hotels mid next week. If you have specific questions you can email me mid next week.
Good luck

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 11:25 AM
tammy

We stayed at both the Hyatt Regency Maui and the Maui Marriott last summer. We also stayed at the Maui Hyatt in 1995 and we stayed at the Kauai Hyatt and Sheraton Maui in 1998. The newly renovated Marriott is very nice. The rooms are beautifully decorated and everything is really nice and new, but we absolutely DESPISED this hotel and never want to stay there again. They close the pool really early and when we would try to sit very quietly out by the pool in the evening after dinner to look at the beautiful Maui sky full of stars the staff would come along and tell us very rudely we were not allowed to be out in the common area of the hotel pool area when the pool was closed. We complained to the management and they said no that was not true that only the pool was closed and not the pool area, but every night we and all the other guests out there would have to argue with the workers that we were allowed to sit out there. It was really ridiculous for them to close the pool that early and then act like we had to go to our rooms at 9 and were not allowed to be out on the grounds after 9 p.m. There are also not enough chairs for the number of guests at the pool during the day. If you leave your chair to get in the pool or go to the bathroom or whatever reason and the pool area workers see there is no one in the chair they come put a tiny sticker on your chair with the time on it and then if they come back in 30 minutes and you are not sitting in your chair then they remove your belongings that you have on your chair. We stayed there for a week and everyday we would see unsuspecting people with children who would get up from their chair to go take a child to the bathroom come back and there would be a sticker on their chair that they did not know had been put there and then sit there for awhile when their other child decided they needed something to eat so they got up to go get some food and then the pool attendant would come back and the person not be sitting there and remove their belongings and give their chair to somebody else even though the other person really was using the chair, but just happened not to be there at the times the "CHAIR NAZIS" (as our 16 year old daughter who is a Seinfeld fan started calling them) came by. (I hope that made sense) Now I am not a fan of people coming and putting towels on chairs and then leaving and not being in their chair all day but this practice is really overboard. The rooms at the Hyatt Maui are looking very run down but I had read they were going to be refurbished soon. I still very much prefer the Maui Hyatt to the Maui Marriott. They will both be a let down compared to the Hyatt Kauai though as that is the most spectacular of any you are considering. We love that Hotel. We love the Maui Hyatt as well but it truly does pale in comparison the the Kauai property. Have you considered the Sheraton Maui? We love that property too and are very sorry that we did not split our time between the Hyatt Maui and the Sheraton Maui last time. We will never ever stay at the Maui Marriott again even though we had an unbelievable deal there.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Pamela

I stayed at the Maui Marriott in January 2001. We loved it there. The rooms were great, the hotel and the grounds were great and so was the service. Based on my experience, I would highly recommend it.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 03:05 PM
patty

The Hyatt Maui just completed a multi-million dollar renovation project on all the rooms. It is the best choice in Kaanapali. We have stayed there for 4 yrs in a row and love this place. The grounds are beautiful and the 2 yrs new spa is to die for right on the beach!! The other hotels in the area pale in comparison. It really is your best choice in Kaanapali. Before the 4-Seasons was built in Wailea it was THE place to stay. It may not be as good as the Hyatt Kaui, but you can't go wrong if you are choosing amongst hotels in Kaanapali!!! Have Fun. Also, if you visit the Hyatt Maui website there are pics of the newly renovated room!!!