Search

maui luaus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 09:05 AM
Cheryl

maui luaus

We've heard the old lahaina luau is the best, but we are staying at the marriott. Is the old lahaina that much better that it would warrant driving to it rather than just walking down to the marriott luau?

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 09:34 AM
Debbie

I vote strongly for the Old Lahaina Luau!!! We stayed at the Marriott on our last trip to Maui, our room overlooked the luau area, we watched from our room the first night there, it was okay. We went to the Old Lahaina luau, it was GREAT!! The food was good and the entertainment was wonderful.

When are you going to Maui? We went last July and I made our reservations for the Old Lahaina in Janauary, now granted I was very early making our reservations, but they seat you by when you make your reservations. We were number one and had front and center seats. You can choose from the table and chair or sitting indian style, I would do the table and chairs, the folks sitting indian style seemed to get a little uncomfortable after a while.

The Marriott may be a few dollars cheaper, but I think what we paid for the Old Lahaina was well worth it. You can make your reservations on line with them, this is what I did, had no problem at all.

During a previous trip to Hawaii we attended the Paradise Cove luau, (on Oahu) this being our first luau we thought, it was okay, but in my opinion it cannot hold a candle to the Old Lahaina.

Good Luck Cheryl and let us know which luau you choose.

Debbie

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 10:02 AM
Cheryl

I read someone else's post that said the floor seating was the best, we're in our 30's and will be taking the kids, what do you guys think, tables or the floor?

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Nancy

Debbie,
Do you remember how much the luau cost? Do they vary a lot?

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 04:30 PM
Debbie

Nancy I just looked at their web page and the price for 2001 is 72.92 for an adult.

Their web page is www.oldlahainaluau.com
You can make reservations on this site also.

Cheryl, I prefer chairs, but your children may enjoy the floor seating. I think it is a long time to sit on the floor and the folks in front of us seemed a little uncomfortable after a while.

Debbie

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 08:27 PM
Michelle

We have made reservations at The Feast of Lele for the day of our 30th anniversary. It costs $89.00 plus tax I think but I have heard it is well worth it. After all, how many times do you celebrate 30 years of marriage??

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 09:29 PM
dana

The Feast at Lele is the best one.

loved the food and loved the intimate\
atmosphere.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 09:58 PM
john

My family went to the Marriott laua 3 days ago. Food was great but the entertainment was more a comedy club than real laua. My wife and I felt we made a mistake because we wanted our daughters to experience a true luau.