Reload this Page >

Maui in August - Seeking hotel at $200 a night

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 09:11 AM
Gina

My boyfriend and I are going to Maui this summer and are looking for a place to stay at about $200 a night.

Reading previous posts leads me to believe that Wailea is our only option - but I don't think we can afford to play in that league!

I can use miles to stay at the Kapalua Bay Hotel for around $180 a night. Is this a good deal or can someone provide better alternatives?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

Gina

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 09:37 AM
Anne

Gina,
My boyfriend and I are going to Maui in late May and are staying at the Renaissance Wailea for $165 a nite. Granted it's a terrace view room, but the hotel is awesome. We got this rate with the Entertainment card which cost about $30 for a one year membership. It also gives good discounts for restaurants and activities, not just on Maui but the other islands (we're going to Oahu also). I would call the hotel and check out their Entertainment card rates for the dates you want and if its available, then purchase the card. They have a website and I think it's www.entertainment.com (I'm not totally sure about this, but its similar. Just do a search). Good luck and have fun!

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 10:01 AM
BooBoo

Gina,

My husband and I are staying at the Ren. Wailea too. We are using the "Entertainment/Qwest" rate. Either card will work as they both have the same discount. They have ocean view rooms for $215. If you want to go a little bit above, they have these Beach Club rooms (only like 18 of them or so) in a separate building right off the beach for $265. We are going to try out the Club room in April. I will post on this forum and let everyone know how it was. The rooms are all identical but the club rooms are very close to the water and they have a private pool and cabana's. Good Luck!
BB~

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 12:41 PM
Mark

My wife and I stayed at the Plantation Inn in Lahaina last Spring for just under $200 a night. It was nice with access to lots of restarants. It has a 'sister' hotel at Kannapoli and they allow you to use the beach and facilities there.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 02:09 PM
Heidi

Terrance rooms at the Renaissance overlook the parking lot, just thought you should know. If it doesn't matter, $165 is an excellent rate considering the amount of time you spend in the room.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 03:08 PM
Cliff

Gina,
Try the Kaanapali Beach Hotel. My wife and I stayed there a few years ago. We even were lucky enough during the peak season to get a room upgrade to an up front ocean view. Check their website
at Kaanapalibeachhotel.com.
Have fun and do all of the "must do" things while you're on Maui.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 05:21 PM
dana

Also try the Whaler Condos, which is
next to Kaanapali Beach Hotel. They have
studios with garden view for I think
$180 a night plus tax. It's an Aston property now.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 05:49 AM
Gina

It sounds like the Wailea Renaissance is the best deal out there based on what we're looking for - we'll be booking there!

Thanks to everyone for their advice!