Search

Maui FS or GWailea?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 11:20 AM
jo momma

Maui FS or GWailea?

I've been reading posts for hours and come up totally - - confused! Please help. I've narrowed it down to Four Seasons or Grand Wailea. We're celebrating 25th anniversary, want beach, place to relax, luxury without snootyness. Room quality is important. Thanks.

Old Sep 27th, 2000, 06:47 AM
T.

Returned from the Grand Wailea two weeks ago - an absolutely fabulous property. If you have kids, lots to do and nanny service. If you want privacy, there is a 16 years and older pool which is beautiful. The rooms are nice, food is great, beautiful location. When my husband and I were there, we walked next door to the FOur Seasons to see what it was like. Very nice, also - much smaller pools, but really neat private cabanas overlooking the ocean. I think both are great - I love the Wailea area - Personally, I would be happy with either, but I do lean a bit toward the Grand as we stayed there. Have fun!

Old Oct 1st, 2000, 07:53 AM
annemarie

Both properties are very impressive. The FS is so on a much smaller scale and you would get much better service here. This chain has won top awards repeatedly for this. What might be interesting to know, is that rates at the FS do include the cabanas use daily(85.00 next door daily at the Kea Lani), fitness centre use, snorkelling equipment use for 2 1 hour daily and parking. This is probably not the case next door. I have spoken to 2 couples who have been...the place can't do enough to please you and they are not snooty. Fewer kids I would think too, although they certainly give proper service to kids too.

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 03:04 PM
Jill

the grand wailea is a gorgeous property.the wailea area is the place to stay.if you have children stay here.the pool is gorgeous and so is the beach.the common area is beautiful.it is a busy place with a lot of children.the rooms need a little updating,but they are very spacious.the four seasons is quieter and the pool is not as big, but it seemed cleaner and there was much more attention to detail.the restaurants at both of these resorts are top notch.you can walk to both properties very easily.i hope this advice helps.have a wonderful time.

Old Oct 10th, 2000, 09:46 AM
do

I agree with the opinions given already. I would choose the G.W. but before you decide take a look at the resorts web site. Both web sites show a pretty good picture of what there hotel is like.