Search

maui condos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2000, 12:49 PM
Linda

maui condos

Family of 4 is looking for 2 bedroom condo on the beach in the kanapali area in August 2000. We are considering the Maui Kai Oceanfront condos,has anyone stayed there? Also What about the Embassy Suites in the Kanapali area.

Old Apr 2nd, 2000, 11:16 AM
Vicki

Linda, we are staying at the Nohonani in June. This is beachfront, 2BR 1 1/2 bath, and has a pool. W/D in room. This is a small complex and is only 4 stories high and has an elevator. The reviews I have read are wonderful. We were looking for a small complex, not a resort type place, with a pool. I understand the snorkeling out front of the units is wonderful. Hope this helps.

Old Apr 2nd, 2000, 03:32 PM
Lori

Linda,
Check out The Mahana, we've stayed there about 6 times and it's always been great. ALL units face the ocean too which is a big plus. They have 2 bedroom 2 bath units as well. It's just north of Ka'anapoli and very handy to stores, etc. About 7 miles into Lahaina. The pool area is small but the views from the floor to ceiling windows of each condo make up for that beleive me! W/D in each unit as well as complete kitchen. Daily maid service and air conditioning (you will need it in June). There are two buildings with the pool sort of between them.

Old Apr 2nd, 2000, 09:28 PM
MauiFan

I've stayed at Maui Kai 4 times and obviously loved it! I don't go through their central reservations though; I stay in a privately owned and managed unit on the top floor. Awesome view, excellent beach area, nice pool and a very, very good restaurant on the ground level. You can't go wrong here, but try to get an upper-floor unit so the palm trees aren't in the way of your view.

Old Apr 3rd, 2000, 08:19 AM
Kim

I don't know about those specific condos, but you might want to look at vacationspot.com (also does a lot of its listings on rent.net). The private owners/realtors that list through vacationspot often ask less than the condo complexes themselves; I saved about 50% by renting a kapalua villa condo that way.