Reload this Page >

MASS- FOLIAGE REPORT 9/25

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 04:31 PM
Miriam

This is the fall foliage report for Monday, September 25.

Fall foliage season is under way in Massachusetts, with peak colors just a week or two away in some parts of the state. The highest concentrations of color are found in the higher elevations and in wetlands throughout the Bay State.

In the Greater Boston, North of Boston, and Merrimack Valley regions, approximately 15% of the leaves have turned.

Foresters in Central Massachusetts have reported that 10% of the leaves have turned, with higher concentrations of color in the wetland areas.

The Greater Springfield area and Southern Berkshires are reporting that 10-15% of the leaves have turned primarily yellow and orange.

Northern Berkshire foresters have reported that 35% of the leaves have turned vibrant reds and yellows.

Our next fall foliage update will be on Wednesday, September 27.

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 05:02 PM
ivy

thanks for the thoughtful report!

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 01:46 AM
Gerda

Thanks for the info on the fall foliage in Mass. You sound like an expert!
Do you have any tips for visiting the area next autumn - areas, dates & accommodation for my cousin & wife for their 25th wedding anniversary, flying to Boston or NY. I would be very grateful, thanks, Gerda

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 03:51 AM
Miriam

Oh my. Thank you. I wish I could take the credit, but I'm just re-posting here for anyone that needs to know. Check out the pages from the nice folks that post it every two days, I believe and read all about it. Here it is:

http://www.mass-vacation.com/fallrprt.phtml

Old Sep 27th, 2000, 09:59 AM
Gerda

Thanks Miriam - you have suggested a most useful site with lots of info.
Gerda

Old Sep 27th, 2000, 10:43 AM
Miriam

You're welcome Gerda and all. i am most happy to do it.