martha's vineyard hotels (escargot)

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(hopefully escargot is online!) thanks for all the info on restaurants! we had been thinking of staying in wood's hole and ferrying over to mv, but are now considering a stay at the beach plum inn. there are no ratings on this site - was wondering if you have heard anything or have stayed there. the fodor review looks good and we checked their website - it looks beautiful. is it directly on the bus route? (we are thinking of parking at wood's hole and just using bus for transportation.) Really would like to stay in the Menemsha area - because of its fabulous sunset views and close to the cliffs and beaches but am willing to consider other places..We like to walk and hike as well as shop and eat!
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:26 AM

I am sorry I missed this post, we were at our long awaited get away at the Breakers Palm beach !!
Sorry - you are back by now if I remember you were going around mid to end of May -

if you are back post a trip report !

Love the Beach Plum, family has been married there - but there is nothing w/in walking distance.....
let us know what you ended up doing !
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

the stay at the beach plum was great. the room was just OK - nothing spectacular - but the grounds and the view were amazing. their restaurant was really good too. we had a fabulous waitstaff and the food and dessert were yummy! we travelled all over the island. the weather was cold and wet but i guess that was to be expected for this time of year.

i have lots more to report - how do i post a trip report? just title the post as a Trip Report?

How was your trip to Florida?
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:48 AM

Glad you had fun - yes weather is always iffy in New England in May....could be rainy, sunny, spring-like or , like it is today in Boston, abaout 85 degrees and HOT and supposedly going to be 90's tomorrow.....

YES do a trip report: lots of people just title them
Trip Report: name of place or TZimmers wonderful but wet Martha's Vineyard Trip - whatever you want -

My vacation at the Breakers was beyond wonderful - if you are interested my trip report is up -the link is below -

hope you get back to the vineyard in sunnier times but I look forward to some details of what you saw- we cherish our augusts in MV....

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...1&tid=35003284
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:55 AM

also, you might want to type it elsewhere and then open a new post under US and copy and paste it into the box, look it over for any changes you want to make and then post it, that way you can start pecking away w/out having to do the whole thing at once -