Reload this Page >

martha's vineyard daytrip

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2002, 10:24 AM
clint

Help! I will be in Boston for 5 days and am interested in going to martha's vineyard for a day. What are my travel options? I am not planning to rent a car unless absolutely necessary.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 10:30 AM
Leslie

Take a bus from South Station to Hyannis, and then the ferry from Hyannis to MV. I believe the busline is Brush Hill. You could also depart from Falmouth, but I don't know if the bus stops near the ferry terminal in Falmouth.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 01:19 PM
charles

THis is doable, but I wouldn't advise it. I don't think the vineyard is a great place for a day trip, esp. if you are doing the public transport thing. There are plenty of places to visit closer to Boston

Old May 23rd, 2002, 01:35 PM
cd

Some years ago, we went to Martha's Vineyard for a day. We rented mopeds and had a wonderful time!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 02:15 PM
Sally

Going to the Vineyard for the day is a blast. The bus from South Station is called Bonanza (www.bonanzabus.com). It also leaves from each terminal at Logan Airport. The bus drops you right at the boat in Woods Hole...couldn't be easier unless you chose to fly! The flight is a fast and wonderful experience on a beautiful day. Do a little research at www.myv.com. There you will find all the transportation options, tours, taxis etc. If you are not a "tour type", I would suggest picking one or two towns (and/or beaches) to enjoy rather than just driving around all day. I also recommend staying away from the mopeds. They are very dangerous and not well received on roads or bike paths! Have a great time!