Reload this Page >

Marriott's Ocean Pointe at Palm Beach Shores

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 01:40 PM
Tripper

I would like to know just where Marriott's Ocean Pointe at Palm Beach Shores is located in reference to Palm Beach, and what its best features are.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 05:26 PM
Tiffany

Marriott's Ocean Point is a new time share located on Singer Island near West Palm Beach. Have not been to it but have had a sales rep try to sell me a timeshare there.

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 06:04 PM
Luke

Where can we get more info. on this timeshare?

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 10:35 AM
Mary

Try http://www.vacationownership.com/ then go to featured resorts.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Jay

What is the Singer Island area like? Somebody wrote earlier that north of the area is a bit dicey. What do they mean? I was thinking of booking an apartment there in March.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 12:09 PM
west palmbeacher

I actually booked a two bedroom unit there a few years ago for my daughter on "prom" night for her and a few girlfriends. I checked in and went to the unit. It was beautiful. Nice sized kitchen, living room and a screened patio off the bedroom facing the ocean. It was about $245.00 a night back then in April (I believe)of 1999. The entire place was nice in a fairly quiet area with a fishing pier and restaurants not to far away. If anyone were interested in purchasing a timeshare there, they could look into it right on Marriotts web site!

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Paul

I have stayed at the Ocean Pointe and absolutely love it. Very nice pool, and the whole North Palm Beach Shores area is very lovely - you can walk to everything. From the resort, you can look south across a water-passageway and see the homes of Palm Beach proper. North Palm Beach Shores has it's own fire, police, and government on Singer Island.

Riverra Beach is the main draw to Singer Island, along with the huge MacArthur State Park. You must cross through the 'city' of Riverra Beach, over the bridge, and then onto Singer Island. The (mainland) city of Riverra Beach has gone down quite a bit. But a very short drive from the Blue Heron Bridge puts you in the heart of Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, and the PGA - depending on which direction you turn once over the bridge.

You will like very much the part of the island that the Marriot is located. There are several very good restaurants within walking distance of the resort too. All roads are hardly traveled on at all, and the speed limit in this section of the island is 25mph.

I love this area so much, that I will be traveling there in July. There is plenty to do, and I love getting to Palm Beach any time of the year!

Happy Trails,
Paul

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 03:29 PM
karen

hi, i stayed on singer island at the sheraton last year. you definitely need a car to get to palm beach, where lots of good restaurants, shopping etc are. the beach is very nice on singer island, however. the hilton was nicer than the sheraton. the marriott ocean pointe looked nice, BUT there was a lot of construction going on on the south side of the resort last march - be sure to check and make sure your room is not on the construction side. beware, the website pix looked much better than the resort. if i had to go again, i would try to stay at The Breakers in palm Beach; the rates may be cheaper this year bc of the probs in tourism industry.