Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Marriott Waikiki vs. Best Western Ohana-Worth the Savings?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2001, 07:34 AM
Ross

Hi everyone!!!

I would like to know if it would be worth the savings to stay at the Best Western Ohana in Waikiki which is about two blocks from the beach vs. the Marriott Waikiki Beach Hotel which is right near the water. I was quoted a rate of $54.95 a night at the Best Western vs. a rate of $99 a night at the Marriott. Is there THAT much of a difference between the two hotels and their locations?

Thanks in advance.

Ross.

Old May 16th, 2001, 05:45 PM
Ross

Top!!!

Old May 19th, 2001, 04:09 AM
topper

to the top

Old May 19th, 2001, 07:07 AM
Jean

Hi! We are returning to the Best Western Ohana Waikiki Tower,200 Lewers St. in September for another week.(Last stay in 1998) It is less than a block from the beach and you have all the large hotel lobby attractions at the Outrigger Reef which is on the way. You can see 360 degree photos on the Ohana web site. I am afraid the lower floors may be noisy, so we request to be above the 15th floor. We enjoyed being on a quieter part of the beach with the military park nearby- You may be talking about another Best Western, because $54.95 is quite a bargain. The W. Tower is about $100 , AARP rate, and on the internet. Anyway, we really liked the location--and were not there except to sleep!! Have a great trip.

Old May 19th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Melissa

Best Western Ohana is, indeed, different from the Best Western Waikiki Tower. Is proximity to the beach very important to you? It's not like you'd have to drive to get to the beach from the Best Western, but the Marriott is much more convenient. Also, I think there may be more in terms of food & activities at the Marriott. They do have live local music at the Lobby Bar, which is great.