Search

Marriott Waikiki?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 11:50 AM
bellis

Marriott Waikiki?

Has anyone visited this property since the renovations? Pre renovations, the hotel received mixed reviews.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 11:57 AM
Suzie

How weird. I am on the Marriott Waikiki site in another session on my computer. I'd love to hear as well. We spent our honeymoon there when it was the Hawaiian Regent 20 years ago and thought it was in a great location and the rooms were very nice back then. They seemed more spacious and light than other places we had been. Also loved the lobby area and the cafe there. We'd feed the little birds that flew in for a croissant. I'd like to hear how it is different as we're thinking of a short visit to Oahu when we go to Maui in the fall.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 12:03 PM
bellis

We're also staying in Oahu for two or three nights..going to Pearl Harbor etc...I'm confirmed at the Kahala and would like a comparison between properties.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:49 AM
Frank

Are you talking about the Kahala Mandarin Bellis if so I don't know any hotels in Waikiki that compare with it. Will say that for the money I know Marriot to charge on other properties. I would much rather be at the Sheraton Maona, my favorite hotel in Waikiki. A close second but more institutional is the Royal Hawaiian.

Sorry no info on Marriot. I do go frequently though and just love the Moana for its history and ambiance.Good Luck sorry I was not able to answer your question about Marriot

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 11:33 AM
ttt

ttt