Reload this Page >

Marriott Reward Points

Search

Marriott Reward Points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:50 AM
Suzy

Marriott Reward Points

Why is it you save and save and are aloyal customer and when you want to use your point the reponse is "sorry that hotel is not avaliable for the dates you want". We are talking February, 6 months away and in Florida. Anyone have a tricks on this?

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:12 AM
xxx

February is peak season for some parts of Florida. And if you are talking Presidents Week, you'll be lucky to get a reservation let alone cash in points.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:36 PM
Lois

I have used Marriott points for free travel to Hawaii [including first class airfare], and also have booked four free nights so far, with the past travel promotions, and have never had a problem getting what I want. There is no secret. I suspect the time you picked is pre-booked for school vacations or something. I honestly have not had a problem.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 08:51 AM
Ed

I was told by Marriott reservations that only a few rooms in any particular hotel are ever available for the points option. Once they are filled, that's it for that time period. I used my points at the Monterey Marriott - I couldn't use them on Friday and Saturday nights; but I could use them on Saturday and Sunday nights, so I did and just paid for Friday night. Not too bad.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Emily

Three cheers for Marriott rewards. I am on the road 3 days a week and have been collecting Marriott points for the last 5 years. I stick to Marriott exclusively so that I can get as many points as possible. We have had a free week at the Ritz Carlton in STT, a free week at Marco island, and numerous free weekends without any hassle. I do plan ahead and I have yet to be disappointed. Next month I have free nites in Munich and then I'm saving for a free week at the new Marriott in St. Kitts. I would also like to use my points in the future on a cruise. I think it's a great program - you just got to plan ahead! Saving points and planning my next freebie is my therapy while I am away on business - it keeps me sane and makes it all worthwhile!

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 12:56 PM
suzy

Just to let you know i did get the nights i wanted. I think when i talked to the 1st reservations person they were new. I called back the next day and got a different person. February is high season. Got 2 nights at Key Largo Resort and 5 nights at Fort Lauderdale beach resort. We are also going to Key west for 2 nights but are paying on our own. Thanks for the input