Reload this Page >

Marina Del Rey - Ritz Carlton

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 1997, 07:42 AM
Shawn

For the last part of our trip to California, my wife and I are booked ate the Ritz Carlton in Marina Del Rey. Has anyone stayed here? Are there things to do and good places to eat in the area? How far a drive is it to LA?

Old Jul 2nd, 1997, 04:31 PM
John Brownlee

You'll enjoy the Ritz. Has a good restaurant and wine bar. Easy walking distance to the beach and some nice, inexpensive places to eat. I didn't drive into LA just from the airport and back.

Old Jul 3rd, 1997, 07:46 PM
Jane in L.A.

Hi Shawn,

You picked a lovely (although VERY expensive place to stay). I'm up the hill 8 min from the Marina. The Ritz does a lovely afternoon 'tea'. You can easily walk a couple of blocks south of there to a small shopping area. In the immediate area (5 min. walk or less) are The Warehouse (steak, seafood), Edie's Diner (usual hamburgers, etc.), Teasers (great new casual 'California' food - very good), Jamaica Bay Inn (part of the Best Western north of the Ritz)- very good, very reasonably priced menu, breakfast, lunch & dinner, Cafe Del Rey (wonderful Japanese chef that cooks French.... little pricey but well worth it). About half a mile walk south of the Ritz, also right at the water is Fisherman's Wharf where you can shop a little or take a tour of the bay by boat. It's by Burton Chace Park which has free outdoor live music on weekend nights. Enjoy!

Old Jul 3rd, 1997, 07:46 PM
Jane in L.A.

Hi Shawn,

You picked a lovely (although VERY expensive place to stay). I'm up the hill 8 min from the Marina. The Ritz does a lovely afternoon 'tea'. You can easily walk a couple of blocks south of there to a small shopping area. In the immediate area (5 min. walk or less) are The Warehouse (steak, seafood), Edie's Diner (usual hamburgers, etc.), Teasers (great new casual 'California' food - very good), Jamaica Bay Inn (part of the Best Western north of the Ritz)- very good, very reasonably priced menu, breakfast, lunch & dinner, Cafe Del Rey (wonderful Japanese chef that cooks French.... little pricey but well worth it). About half a mile walk south of the Ritz, also right at the water is Fisherman's Wharf where you can shop a little or take a tour of the bay by boat. It's by Burton Chace Park which has free outdoor live music on weekend nights. By the way, downtown L.A. is approximately 25 min. dead east. Enjoy!

Old Jul 14th, 1997, 07:59 PM
Jody

I live across the street from the Ritz-Carlton and agree with preceeding comments. Real nice. Also, be sure to check out The Cheesecake Factory! Xlnt. food (large portions, in case you're interested...) and as you might guess, killer desserts. Also a Benihana's in the Marina. Nice, safe area. Enjoy!