Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Manchester lodging (inn's) recommendations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there. I'm looking for a few good and recent recommendations on inn's and/or b&b's (if b&b preferably a larger one) in Manchester or nearby vicinity. Would prefer a maximum room rate of $150.

Since there are SO many options in this area I'm hoping for just a couple good personal recommendations.

Thank you very much! Happy Travels!
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 12:44 PM
OliveOyl

Manchester, Vermont? NH?

If Vermont, the Equinox Inn comes to mind immediately, but I'm not sure you could get it for $150 or less. That's the only place we've stayed, but there are some excellent B&Bs too, probably priced comparably to the Equinox.

Old Sep 13th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

Sorry for not indicating it is Vermont that I'm interested in.

Thanks for your suggestion and for any others that folks might have.
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:14 AM

Zoom- I'm staying in the Reluctant Panther Inn in Manchester, VT (couples only preferred), but not until January 2004 so can't really offer any opinions on that just yet, but I don't think you will get a room at the Equinox for under $150. You can still use the cross country ski trails there for a fee even if you can't afford to stay there... I'm looking for some restaurant recommedations in Manchester. Anyone have any suggestions or recommedations?
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:16 AM

If it is Manchester, New Hampshire then there is only one place to stay and that is the newly opened Tage Inn Manchester Airport. Just Awesome!
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:20 AM
Cassandra

Martini Man, did you not read the guidelines that say no advertising is allowed here? This and your other post touting Tage Inns are going to be pulled, I would imagine, as soon as someone complains to Fodors. But you have wasted our time and I, for one, will make a point of avoiding Tage Inns henceforth. They sound like a losing proposition anyway.

And don't call me at dinner, either!

Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:31 AM

Cassandra, I am afraid that I don't quite understand your allegations. I will certainly be mentioning other hotels that I have stayed at in the future. These are my opinions only.

I have also stayed at the Highlander in Manchester and can recommend that highly.

I will also be sure to not call you during dinner. Even if I had your telephone number. Might I also suggest a more civil tone in your postings, this is a friendly community.
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:28 AM

Martiniman, you touted your NH hotel nearly 3 weeks after the OP clarified that they were talking about VT.
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:46 AM
Cassandra

Oh, pooh-bah, of course you understand my allegators. You posted "Boston Best Hotels" saying that you just loved all the Tage Inns there, although an alert poster pointed out none were actually IN Boston. And doesn't bother you Zoom wasn't writing about NH -- you have a Tage in NH you want to promote, so.....
You write like a PR guy anyway, sound like some of the doofusses who used to call me at dinner. (But now I'm not only on the don't-call list, I have a zapper!)