Old Aug 17th, 2002, 02:35 PM
xxx

Bet he was really hungry.

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 02:40 PM
c

I bet he tasted like chicken

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Gary

I read the story. Some people think that everywhere they go they're in Disneyland. The idiot deserved it. How stupid could you be?

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 05:35 PM
zzz

Okay, so the bison GORED the man, not gorged. Innocent mistake by the poster.

But I totally agree with Gary. How can you be so stupid?

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 09:24 AM
YNP!

I'm a former employee at Yellowstone and this would happen several times each summer. Usually it involved someone wanting to include themselves in the photo with the bison. They would get close to the bison, turn their back to the bison (in order to pose and smile!) them wham-o, they would get gored.
Employees always got a chuckle out of it. Good for the bison.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 12:08 PM
xxx

Just returned from Yellowstone. At one of the visitor centers (Canyon I think), they played a whole loop of people getting gored. My son could have watched it all day. He thought it was hysterical. Not that we are encouraging him in laughing at the misfortune of others, but a lot of those people were idiots. While in Yellowstone we witnessed a family who let their daughter take the picture of the buffalo. She was probably only 9 and way too close, we thought we were going to see another goring!!!

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Liz

A few years ago, in Yosemite, we watched a man with a sandwich in one hand and a video camera in the other, move in close for that perfect picture. I quess he didn't pack his brain that trip...

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 01:21 PM
CF

Coolest thing I saw at Yellowstone was at one of those lookouts where you stop and take pictures. People left their window down in their car and a bear was ripping the crap out of their seats. I LMAO.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 05:56 AM
Gary

Somewhat related to this incident, in Custer State Park we saw people drive their vehicle right into the middle of a giant herd of buffalo, get out & literally meet face to face with these animals, then the park ranger would show up & tell these buffoons to get back in their vehicle & stay at a safe distance unless they have a secret death wish. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 06:11 AM
doc

I wouldnt go as far to say he deserved it, but it was stupid.Guess he got bored of the petting zoo

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 07:42 AM
s

There are constant reminders not to get too close to the animals. Too many people, however, think it s a DIsney movie and don't heed the warnings. Many years ago we visited Yellowstone and viewed the wildlife from afar or from the car. Others wanted close up photos. I remember commenting those people were not too bright. The day after leaving Yellowstone after leaving Yellostone there was a news item that a touist was killed by a buffalo

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 08:28 AM
bob

I like to think of it as cleansing the gene pool.