Malls in Greensboro, NC

Search

Malls in Greensboro, NC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malls in Greensboro, NC

Taking college dtr shopping during Parents' Weekend this weekend. (She is at Elon, near Burlington). She says she wants us to take her to Greensboro since she has no clothes (a lie) or shoes (closer to truth - she has flipflops and heels not appropriate for walking campus).

Google seems to indicate Four Seasons Town Centre and some other mall on West Friendly Ave - any comments or suggestions - looking for mid-upper scale young adult clothing (American Eagle, Aeorpostle, J Crew type stores).

Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 08:55 AM

You could go to Chapel Hill too.
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 10:48 AM

Four Seasons! Three stories of mall shopping heaven. Back when I was a college student in Greensboro (and I'm closer to your age than your daughter's) we loved going to Four Seasons Mall.

Chapel Hill has a lousy mall: University Mall. Even those who live in Chapel Hill go elsewhere for 'mall' stores. Maybe Gretchen is thinking about Southpoint or Northgate in Durham?

There is Alamance Crossing shopping center at the exit for Elon College. New, big outdoor shopping with a Dillard's and other stores. I haven't been to the center but have seen the store listing from the highway.

There is a mall in Burligton, though I can't think of the name, but with the new Alamance Crossing, I'm not sure you need to go there unless Belk is a requirement. And if you go to Greensboro, the Belk at 4S is much bigger.
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. She has requested Greensboro since it it is more difficult for carless dtr to get there - school runs shuttles to various Burlington area stores and malls.

I hate malls, tolerate shopping. But it is amazing what I am now willing to do for her since she is almost 1000 miles from home.
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 12:14 PM

www.friendlycenter.com will get you to the link you need to click on for a list of the stores on Friendly Ave. in Greensboro. This isn't really a mall, insomuch as a conglomeration of stores somewhat attached here and there! There are a lot of stores, though! J. Crew, The Limited, Eddie Bauer, Ann Taylor & Loft, Belk, Macy's and lots of shoe stores like Liz Claiborne, Bandolino, Lady Footlocker, Birkenstock and Rack Room. There's also a layout of the stores and driving directions (at link.) Aeropostale, Am. Eagle, Belk and Wet Seal are in Four Seasons Mall. It's pretty big, and several floors with huge food court in center. Lots of places to eat at Friendly, too. Though you may have to drive from place to place. Enjoy your shopping trip and mostly, your time together. My daughter is a Sr. in High School this year, and I'm already deading next year!
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 12:29 PM

It sounds like you have some good options in Greensboro, but in case you do decide to head east, I wanted to cast my vote with ncgrrl - Chapel Hill is fun to walk around and has a few boutiques, but no real "shopping mall" to speak of. (University doesn't really count.) However, The Streets at Southpoint in Durham is very nice and has all the stores you mentioned, I believe, with plenty of restaurants (casual and sit-down), movies, etc. I'd much prefer that over Northgate in Durham too.
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 01:39 PM

I frequently drive to GSO to shop at Friendly Center shops. In addition to the ones already listed there is a very cute shop, Scout and Molly's, which is in the new shops up near REI and Sur La Table. Have lunch at the Green Valley Grille in the O'Henry Hotel or you might want to try Print Works at the Proximity Hotel (one of the ten places to visit this year as chosen by Today...it's a new eco hotel owned by the same folks who own Green Valley).

I would also agree that Southpoint is very nice. I am a big Nordstrom's fan and it is one of the anchor stores there.

Enjoy the weekend. Our weather is currently spectacular!
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all - so many stores, so little time (or money). She loves North Carolina and school has Zipcars for student hourly rental, so I fear she will find other times to travel to either Greensboro or Chapel Hill/Durham. She also mentioned something about having an interview for PT job - a good thing if she is going to be doing this much shopping.