Mallory Square at Sunset -- seeing the action

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2004, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where would be a great place to watch the action without being right in the middle of it? is the Crowne Plaza rooftop the place to go? do we need reservations? Looking for a place to have drinks with our two teens and relax and enjoy the festivities of our first evening ever in the Keys..... Any suggestions.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 07:15 AM

Part of the fun of Mallory Square is being in the middle of it. I was there during the busy season and never found it too crowded. If you go up high I think you will miss a lot and just not really experience Mallory Square.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 08:17 AM

Mallory Square is a place to go and watch the the sunset. It has vendors and entertainers there while the sunset is happening. You WANT to be in the middle of it. I am sure there are other places to go and view the sunset but it won't be as fun as Mallory Square.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 08:42 AM

I agree with the above posters, but if you really don't want to be in the "middle" of the action, the Hilton Hotel and Marina, has an outdoor bar that overlooks part of the sunset festival, including the trained fire jumping cats....but it's all just a stairway away from the Hilton's sunset bar. La Concha Crown Plaza has nice views of the sunset, but not of the Sunset Celebration....too far away.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 08:56 AM

You could always sign up to take a catamaran cruise. They leave from the docks by the Hilton and are great fun. You can watch the craziness of Mallory Square from a safe distance. Although, I wouldn't miss being in the middle of the craziness. It's good fun!!
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 09:28 AM

I agree with the other posters: you really need to go to Mallory Square to experience the sunset celebration and see the street entertainers. However, if you want to delay that until another night, the suggestion of the upstairs bar at the Hilton is great.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies... good to know.. yes we will join the action.!