Reload this Page >

Maine/Marthas Vineyard/Cape Cod

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 1998, 08:23 AM
Sara Juntilla

We are heading out east next summer for a wedding in Boston and would like to rent a house/condo in one of these areas. Any recommendations?

Old Aug 7th, 1998, 03:12 PM
Tammy

Martha's Vineyard is beautiful; pricy though. You need to take the ferry there...You need reservations if you want to take the car with you.

The Cape is great. If you've never been there there's plenty to do!

Old Aug 8th, 1998, 01:07 PM
Kate

Also, if you are planning on renting a house for a week or so, you might want to consider taking a day trip to Block Island RI. It is a small island 14 miles off the coast of RI, and much more unspoiled and relaxed than the other areas(I've heard). I spend 7 months a year out here, and I love it!

Old Aug 11th, 1998, 05:29 PM
Jackie

A great website to research Martha's Vineyard is
www.mvol.com.

Old Aug 11th, 1998, 06:29 PM
Seth

May I suggest Cape Cod!! I spend 2 to 3 weeks every August on the Cape.I am Leveing for the cape Saturday Morning. May I also Suggest a vist to Provencetown. The artist colony and Portchegse fishing village on the tip of the cap. Lots of shoping for arts and crafts, Great food and fun. Very Funky town.Take a Dune tour at sunset! It is one of those experences that takes your breath away. Also Whale Watching is very cool. A great place to stay is The Beconlite guest house Web site:

http://www.capecod.net/beaconlight/

One word of warning though, if you are put off by Gay men and lesbians don't go, as P-town is one of the leading gay resorts in the US. During the day it is packed with families, Strights and gays after 6pm the town gets gayer and gayer as the hour grows later. but you may just like the color! If you go Enjoy!!!!! I'll be there Relaxing and having a ball!!!!!