Maine Lobster Mid May Camden, Rockland

Old May 4th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maine Lobster Mid May Camden, Rockland

Hello,

Ok I will try this one again. I will be in Camden, Maine middle May 2005. Any suggestions for a restaurants. I am interested in a great place for lobster.
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:44 AM

I see the "how to post your question" nazi got to you, too. LOL
Old May 4th, 2005, 11:52 AM

Try this web site..
www.discovernewengland.org
A couple of suggestions..

lobster Dock Restaurant
Enjoy casual dining with a spectacular view. Steamers, lobsters, beef, seafood, chowders, sandwiches. Open June to October

The Pier Restaurant
The Pier Restaurant, aptly named for its unique location, specializes in fresh seafood including lobster harvested daily from our harbor
Old May 4th, 2005, 12:31 PM

The Lincolnville Lobster Pound right up the road from Camden on route 1.
Old May 4th, 2005, 02:44 PM

We were in Camden last summer. In Camden, we liked Bayview Lobsters, on the water in Camden. We thought Cappy's was so-so, Fitzpatrick's was OK for lunch. The Camden Deli was good for breakfast and lunch and had a great deck in back for outside dining.

It's a nice drive to Waterman Beach Lobster Pound and Miller's Lobster Pound. Both are near Owl's Head lighthouse, and both are traditional, eat-outside-on-picnic-table places. We liked both better than the Lincolnville Lobster Pound, but we may have hit them on an off-day.

We had our kids with us. If we didn't, we would have gone to Atlantis and Waterfront in Camden. Both had thier menus posted and looked great, but I wasn't sure if they would be good for kids (esp. Atlantis).
Old May 4th, 2005, 03:06 PM

cod's end in tenants harbor is a quiet, casual place on the water. it is south of rockland.

if you are driving north up rt 1, hit red's eats in wiscasset. tiny shack at the bridge as you leave town. amazingingly delicious lobster rolls--just meat from a 1-1 1/2 lb lobster and either melted butter or mayo on a bun. so good! yummy skinny fries too.
Old May 9th, 2005, 08:55 AM

I second the suggestion of the Lobster Pound at Lincolnville Beach. If the weather is nice, go to the take-out restaurant (adjacent to the Islesboro ferry dock) and you can enjoy your meal at the picnic tables on the beach.
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:43 AM

I third the Linconlville Lobster Pound. In Camden proper, we loved the lobster (and the view) at the Waterfront Restaurant.
Old May 10th, 2005, 03:06 AM

I second Waterman's beach but don't know if it's open mid-May. There aren't any inside tables. It's small and the location is wonderful. Wear a hat and sunglasses if you want a picnic table facing the ocean.
Old May 11th, 2005, 12:38 PM

I hate to disagree, but the lobster I had at the Lobster Pound in Lincolnville Beach was a bit on the dry side. Bear in mind, however, that my parents had been there several times and loved it which was why we went. If you get up to Bar Harbor, the Pier was a great suggestion. I have never had a bad meal there! If you want a lobster roll (a must in Maine imho) you absolutely HAVE to go to the Fish Net in Blue Hill. Tiny take-out place with tables on the lawn or in a small enclosure. They have THE BEST lobster rolls anywhere on the coast and believe me I've tried alot of them ! I firmly believe one can NEVER have too much lobster when in Maine.
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:09 PM

Try Red's Eats in Wiscasset.
Old Aug 6th, 2006, 07:40 PM

Best lobster in the Midcoast area: Miller's (Tenants Harbor/Port Clyde area) and Young's (Belfast) are both wonderful, inexpensive lobster pounds with great views. Expect a very casual, picnic-table atmosphere, and make sure you BYOB.
Other restaurants:
In Belfast, try Chase's Daily for excellent vegetarian fare utilizing local organic produce.
In Camden, get take out at the Market Basket, a gourmet food and wine shop with both premade and made-to-order sandwiches, a full bakery, and tasty premade entrees and salads. You should also try the Waterfront for non-touristy harborside dining--there is a seat-yourself bar food side as well as a fine-dining side on the deck, both of which are great. Quarterdeck is great for a hamburger or pizza, and the Cedarcrest is best in town for breakfast, especially on Sundays when they have in-house music.