Search

Maine in April?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 07:14 AM
Kathy

Maine in April?

Is mid-April too early to enjoy the coast of Maine? I'm not looking to go swimming or anything, but I also don't want to be cold all of the time.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 07:58 AM
maine

Kathy-Odds are you will be cold all the time.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 08:28 AM
FrenchyLePeau

Whatever happened to "April in Paris"?

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 08:36 AM
dougd

Spring in northern New England is very unpredictable - you can have anything from snow to high 70's. However, chances are the Maine coast in mid April will be foggy and raw. You certainly won't run into lots of tourists!

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Kathy

I guess that makes up my mind. I think I'll head south instead.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 12:12 PM
whatabout

April in the desert is great--would you consider Las Vegas,Arizona,that sort of a trip? It is amazing to see the cactus blooming, the days are warm and dry and the nights are chilly..I love it after a long wet cold winter in the NE..just a thought

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 11:04 AM
Dennis

It is "wicked" cold even in boston at that time of year. It is still beautiful though.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 11:06 AM
Kathy

Actually, I was thinking more like Charleston. Somewhere I can drive to from the Washington, DC, area (trying to be thrify).

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 12:01 PM
Melissa

Hi, I am from the Canadian province of New Brunswick, which is attached to Maine. I agree that April is unpredictalbe, but try May. Snow is all gone, and usually pretty nice.