MACKINAC ISLAND MICHIGAN

Dec 3rd, 1997, 07:01 AM
sara

MACKINAC ISLAND MICHIGAN

We are looking for a wonderful place to stay on Mackinac Island this summer. Can't afford the Grand so anyone have other great suggestions???

Thank you!!

Dec 3rd, 1997, 09:47 AM
Randy

Check out Mission Point. The last time I stayed on the Island, I stayed there (it's at the far end of the main drag at the opposite end from the Grand).

It was very comfortable and had great facilities. I don't remember the cost, but know that I stayed there because it was far less expensive than the Grand.

There are several "mom and pop" type of hotels right downtown--all of the names escape me right now but I've been in several over the past few years and almost all of them are pleasant places. Have fun!

Dec 4th, 1997, 05:13 PM
Vicki

My husband and I stayed at Mission Point Resort on the Island last June and it was $200 per night and very nice. We had so much fun and seemed to do everything in two days. We rented and rode bikes, and walked, toured the fort, shopped, and at night the bars are nice and clean and comfortable. Staying at the mainland and just ferrying over for the day would be almost the same,too.

Jan 21st, 1998, 08:39 PM
Linda Steg

Would like to find information regarding the Apostle Islands, places to stay, things to do.
Can you help?

Jan 24th, 1998, 07:26 AM
Tammy

My husband and I went to the Island and we loved it! We stayed at the Hotel Iroquois and the Grand Hotel. To tell you the truth, Hotel Iroquois for us was 10 times better. Grand Hotel was elegant but very stiff. When staying at the Hotel Iroquois our room overlooked the lake and it was delightful. Misson Point looked nice but more of a family place, we don't have kids so we really didn't check it out. You can get more info on the island off the internet. There is tons of info on it. Have a great time is you go!

Feb 18th, 1998, 01:03 PM
Marilyn Bielat

My husband and I have been spending weekends on Mackinac Island every Spring and Fall for over ten years. We always stay at the Island House. We love it!

Feb 19th, 1998, 03:08 PM
Lili

Sara, Vicki--

We stayed at Mission Point 2 yrs. ago. It was $250/night for a 2-bedroom suite, which was useful as we were vacationing with our nephews. Our room faced the back of the complex, so was quieter and had a view of the hillside. Facilities were varied (pool, hot tub, library w/ fireplace, pool tables, gym, professional gardens) and seemed well-managed, EXCEPT--

The dining room was awful. Pretentious menu, snotty & inept waiters, high (and I mean high for a resort) prices. I might stay there again, but wouldn't even try to eat there. Luckily there's plenty of good dining in the town, and you can walk or go by the horse van.

When you go, don't forget to explore the rest of the island (by rented bike) beyond the town. It's lovely.