Luxury Hotels In NYC

I am trying to plan a nice trip for my eigth anniversary. Here are my choices:

Four Seasons $415
Trump Intl $375
NY Palace $275
Waldorf=Astoria $199
Rihga $249
Peninsula $399

I am leaning to the Rihga. I do not like Waldorf because it has 1400 rooms and conventions.

Thank you!
~Chris

Old May 24th, 2000, 06:31 AM
howard

They're all excellent choices. You can't go wrong with any of them. The Rihga is the closest to the theater district if that means anything.

Old May 24th, 2000, 08:31 AM
Neal Sanders

Chris, your two best choices from that list are the Peninsula and the Four Seasons.

Though it is the best priced, for $199 a night, the Waldorf is going to give you a tiny interior room (I stayed in one a few months ago, it was depressing).

You may also want to check the availability at the Palace; superb rooms and a great location.

Old May 24th, 2000, 09:16 AM
Marcie

I've stayed at a couple of your choices but one of my all time favorites is not on your list : The St. Regis (55 & 5th Ave.)
This is a fabulous hotel (even has butler service)so you might want to consider this as well. They are part of the Starwood Luxury Properties and you can explore on starwood.com website. Happy Anniversary.

Old May 28th, 2000, 07:49 AM
deb

chris, Have been to most on your list. But I agree if you are looking for the best of the best , it has to be the St. Regis. Its way up there in price, but you will be treated like royalty.

Old May 28th, 2000, 08:01 AM
elaine

Speaking as a New Yorker, not a hotel guest, I would have to say
the St Regis, the Peninsula, and the Four Seasons, for amenities, locations, and service. Whether you stay at the St Regis or not, their Lespinasse restaurant is one of the best in NYC.
If you wanted to be a little farther from midtown in a less-hectic neighborhood, the Carlyle is also lovely, and Bobby Short is currently performing there.

Old May 28th, 2000, 08:54 AM
Donna

Listen to Neal re: Waldorf rooms @ $199. My first choice would be the Peninsula. Gorgeous! The Carlyle is nice, too, but I wouldn't recommend bothering with Bobby Short.

Old May 28th, 2000, 11:55 AM
gail

I would recommend the Palace as one of the nicest hotels in town. A couple of years ago the hotel did some major rennovations and it is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are nicely done and of course there is Cirque 2000, which I am surprised no one mentioned, it is one of the best restaurants in the city and beautiful atmosphere.

The Palace also does High Tea in the afternoon which is a favorite of mine.

Have a wonderful time in our beautiful city.

gail

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 09:10 AM
Jill

Another vote for the St. Regis. Hands Down! I like it better than the Peninusula or the Four Seasons. (though they're not too shabby!...guess you can't go wrong with any of your choices)

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 09:36 AM
John Anselmi

I think I have stayed in every hotel on the list, plus a few others. I finally started staying regularly at the St. Regis two years ago. If you are going for an anniversary, it should be the St. Regis, Pierre, or the Peninsula.

There are secrets to all the hotels you mention. The NY Palace is only good in the towers or concierge level; the Rihga has gotten shabby lately and the service is not top notch; the Waldorf Towers is better than the normal Waldorf (on par with the Peninsula and Pierre).

The Pierre is owned by four seasons and is a classier hotel than the normal four seasons. It also has less of a see-and-be-seen feeling and more of a grand hotel ambience. The Peninsula was recently renovated from top to bottom and has gotten raves all around. While the St. is definitely a favorite for all its amenities, I would say that it's only bonus over the Pierre is the butler service. The size of your room will vary at both properties. Plus, the Pierre has the added option of Park-view rooms. The best you will get at the St. Regis is a street view (unless you spring for a top-floor suite). That option is even better than the views at the normal four seasons. I favor the St. Regis mainly because I am an elite level of their frequent-stay prgoram and get free upgrades, etc. If I didn't get that, I would have a hard time deciding between the pierre and the st. regis.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 03:29 AM
rachael

Anyone stayed at the Roosevelt,Michaleangelo or Millennium Hilton? these are my choices for sept. anyone got any inside info before I hand over my cash?
thanks!

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 07:13 AM
Merc

Do any of these rooms come with Jacuzzis?

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 09:59 AM
howard

Good one ersatz merc!