Luggage storage in Honolulu Airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2009, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a place to store our luggage in the Honolulu airport for a couple of hours?

I just notice that the inter-island flight from Maui to Kauai stops by Honolulu. Want to see if it's possible to leave the airport for a couple of hours (5 or more) to snorkel in Hanauama Bay and then come back to catch our connecting flight to Kauai. We're snorkeling nuts, and would like to do Hanauama Bay.

Is it do-able? Where to leave our luggage (we have big ones too). Any public transportation from the airport to Hanauma Bay?

Thanks!
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 02:28 PM

You could pickup your bags at LIH or contact an offsite company like.

http://www.alohaairportdeliveryandstorage.com/

I don't believe HNL has reopened any onsite storage.
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 05:00 PM

There isn't any airport storage. Taking a bus to Hanauma bay will take you between 1.5 to 2 hours each way...more in rush hour and that assumes you can connect quickly. There are some lockers at Ala Moana Center, where you need to change buses. I'm not sure how large they are though.

You could rent a car for the day, which would also solve the luggage problem. Cars usually aren't too expensive here, but the problem with a car is parking at the Bay. If the lot is full, you can't just pull to the side and wait..You have to make a long circle around. If it is a weekend or other busy day, you could park at the nearby Hawaii Kai shopping center and walk or bus up from there, but all this takes time, so you'd really have to have a lot of time so you don't miss your flight!
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 08:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I think the most practical way to do it would be to rent a car and put your suitcases in the trunk (do not open it again) and hope for the best.

I don't think 5 hours is enough to figure out something to do with your luggage & take public transportation to Hanuama Bay and back.
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:48 AM

While they do not overly advertise, there is one onsite luggage storage company at Honolulu Airport..They will store bags for 1 hour,1 day or 1 week...they are very resonable and quick to respond...$20 for up to 4 bags for 24 hours and reduced rates for more than 1 day,2day and so on..

From what I was told, they have been in business continuous since 911 and are the only ones Airport Licensed and Insured.

They can be found under the Airport Dept of Transportation web site. I hope this helps get the word out.

Their phone # is (808) 372-5411 Email:Alohaairportdeliveryandstorage.com
Old May 17th, 2009, 09:00 AM

Thanks for the tip. But a small point of clarification, this company is not onsite. I says on their website, that they pick up your bags, take them somewhere, and bring them back to the airport.
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 07:22 PM

What a delite.., I have to meet this s u z e...she has commented on so may articles....It is so fun and interesting to read hear heartfelt and experience laced comments,,,I am impressed with this lady...when you come to Oahu..let me know, I will meet you at the airport as my office is there.

As a matter of fact regarding that aloha airport delivery storage co....I checked.. they are based their 7 days a week down by United Airlines... their vehicles are based there 24 hr.s a day 7 days a week.. they are on property and only leave to do long term storage where the items are placed in their other off site secure facilities..
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:50 PM

Interesting first post. And on a thread pulled up from 3 months ago.
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:52 PM

Sorry, interesting two posts. Waikikidoc123 are you associated with the company?
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:37 AM

Or better yet, is there some way to check my luggage right at LIH on the interisland flight? this way I wouldn't have to mess with it at all.
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:44 AM

good grief, this wasn't where I posted this.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:15 PM

5 hours is not enough time to do this even if you had a car and as Lucy said the parking lot would already be full. Just too rushed and too much hassle

Aloha!