Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

looking for waterfront cabin/cottage near Springfield

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 03:32 AM
Linda

Taking a mini-vacation end of this week. Thinking Springfield area (or maybe Roaring River area) and would like lake- or riverfront cabin w/fireplace to relax and see end-of-season color. Not wild about Branson or Eureka Springs, and Lake/Ozarks too far. You Missouri locals got any ideas? Thanks so much.....

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 05:20 AM
world

You're going to get a lot more responses if you clarify tha title of your post: There are a lot of Springfields in the US.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 05:35 AM
Lisa

Try a1vacations website for possible info.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 06:20 AM
Rebecca

Have you checked out the Big Cedar Lodge on the south shore of Table Rock Lake. Haven't stayed there yet myself but it's supposed to be very nice. They have a web site but I don't have the address handy. Have a great time.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 05:09 PM
Linda

Thank you, Rebecca, Lisa, and especially World (love this forum, but forget that just because I placed it in a particular state listing doesn't mean it isn't going on the main board where it's not going to be clear.....)