Reload this Page >

Looking for suggestions for B&B's in Wine Country

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 01:47 PM
Lance

My wife and I are looking for a week vacation in NoCal. We want to expereince the wine country and San Fran. We want to spend no more than $200 a night on a B&B or lodge. Any suggestions for inteneray would be great

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 09:21 AM
Jeanne

B&B in Napa try the Blue Violet Mansion check out their website at www.bluevioletmansion.com. OR Use the Four Sisters Inns properties: the one in Yountville CA is called Maison Fleurie and in SFO try the White Swan or it's sister property the Petit Auberge check their website at www.foursisters.com .If your into B&B you can't go wrong with these properties. And keep in mind non smoking is standard policy for 99.9% of California hotels, restaurants, clubs, public transportation, theaters, and most of outdoors, which I consider the best thing since sliced bread. Once you've dined without 2nd hand smoke you'll never want to see another smoking section.
For a 7 day trip I would stay in SFO and take a day trip or one overnight into Napa and Somona Valley region, dont forget the visit Monterey and Carmel areas approx 1.5 - 2 hrs south of SFO. Where ever you stay in the city make sure it's convenient to the street car line.

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 09:50 AM
Rob

Check out napavalley.com. They have a listing of B&B's in Napa and Sonoma Counties. Clicking onto a particular B&B will take you to its web page. You can view the rooms, rates, ammenities, etc. There is also a feedback section that lets you read reviews from those that stated at particular B&B's. We chose the McClelland-Priest B&B in Napa based upon the rave reviews from other people. E-mail me if I can be of any further assistance. Good luck!

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 05:14 PM
Lisa

A couple of years ago, my husband and I took a trip to Northern California and it was truly wonderful. I spent a great deal of time planning and researching hotels and B&B's to find really nice places without totally blowing the budget! We were actually able to fit in 2-3 nights in 4 places...starting out in the Pacific Grove/Montery area (we stayed at the Gatehouse Inn - very nice with little xtras...(price range $110-$150) then we went on to Napa Valley and stayed at the 1801 Inn (it had the nicest rooms/luxurious baths I've seen at B&B's) ---you did have to drive to the wineries...and after coming from the most gorgeous scenery of Montery's coastline...the flat land was a bit of shock! We took tours of Mondavi and Sutter Home, rode the lift at Sterling (bring a picnic lunch) and a visit at V.Sattui winery is a must!
Then we drove to Lake Tahoe, Nevada...one of the most breathtaking sights I've ever seen and actually spent Thanksgiving there...and finally wound up in San Francisco (stayed at the Clarion Bedford Hotel...our most economical accomodation on the trip...but it was very nice with a great location although the rooms were small---a trip to Alactraz is a must and so is a visit across the bridge to Salsulito (sp??) and Muir Woods was nice to see the redwoods...We really LOVED this trip! Hope you enjoy yours as much as we did...

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 11:35 AM
Debbie

We spent a gloriously romantic honeymoon in the Napa area and highly recommend the Maison Fleurie (Yountville-lower Napa) and the Cottage Grove Inn (Calistoga). Both properties offer luxurious and discreet accomodations and are very "Wine Country-like". I invite you to check out our honeymoon website which is loaded w/ our top picks and links=
www.sarong.com/honeymoon.htm

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 01:17 PM
Diane

We stayed at the Camillia Inn in Healdsburg, CA last March. It was lovely. We enjoyed visiting surrounding wineries (the countryside is gorgeous there) and there are several truly excellent restaurants in Healdsburg.

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 07:12 AM
George

$200/night gives you almost unlimited
choices, except most luxurious places.
Try innaccess.com, bbonline.com, sonoma.com, visitsonomacoast.com, and winetravel.com for lists.