Not Saying

Looking For Places Around Phoenix

I'm hoping to take a trip to Phoenix this summer
and am looking for things to do. If you live in
Phoenix or around there or have taken a trip there
please E-Mail me at [email protected].

Old May 30th, 1997, 11:51 AM
l & j willett

Phoenix in the summer is Really Hot but we enjoyed the Zoo, the Indian Museum & the desert. We drove to Tucson & loved the Sonoran Desert Museum. Have fun...

Old May 30th, 1997, 01:44 PM
Fran

I have visited Phoenix on two occasions and have really enjoyed my trips. I haven't been there is the summer months but even in the spring time the temperature can get really overbearing. When I was in the Phoenix area we visited the Botanical Garden right in town. That was very good, but the highlight of my trip was the three hour drive down to Tuscan and the Sonoran Desert Museum. The road that leads to the outdoor museum is breathtaking and it is one of the more memorable times of my life. Well worth the trip. Enjoy your trip.

Old Jun 2nd, 1997, 08:17 AM
E. Benham

To enjoy Phoenix during the summer, it is important to stay cool. That means being by water or finding enclosures that are enjoyable. If a resort is an option, I suggest you stay at the Pointe Tapatio on Seventh Street. To truly enjoy the desert, get up at dawn and hike trail 100 right by the hotel. Enjoy the early morning hours as much as possible before the sun takes over. If you like to shop, go to the Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall where you can enjoy anything from shopping at Nieman Marcus and many other great shops to eating at Johnny Rockets or Z Tejas or PF Changs (wonderful chinese food) If you have access to a car,drive to Sedona and enjoy the beauty as you hike an easy trail on the West Fork. Trail maps are available in town. You might also go to Flagstaff (just a few miles more) and go to the SnowBowl where you can take a lift to the top of the mountain or hike one of the trails. This is only a 2-1/2 hour trip out of town and is well worth it. The pink Jeep rides are fun if you have the money to spend. If you want a western experience, go to Rawhide in Scottsdale for a steaks or ribs. For food, Houstons is great at 24th & Camelback, and we also like the California Pizza Kitchen. For fine dining, try
Christophers. There is also a dinner cruise at Lake Pleasant, but we have not tried it yet. Hope you have a great time!

Old Jun 2nd, 1997, 02:27 PM
A. Scantland

A good place to stay is the Tempe Mission Palms Hotel, which is right off Mill Avenue. Tempe is ten minutes from teh airport and Mill Avenue is a prime shopping, dining and entertainment spot. Tempe is also an easy drive to Scotsdale. The hotel is first class with great people. If you want to play golf, they'll set you up on some good local courses.