Reload this Page >

Looking for NYC hotels with suites

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 08:03 AM
Kim

My friends and I are planning on going to NYC in the end of September and are looking for a hotel that has suites since there will be 6 of us going. We want to stay around Midtown/theatre district. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 08:43 AM
RJ

Kim:

It's not in the area you name, but you might want to check out the Seaport Suites. They're WAY downtown, but they're a TON cheaper than any other suite hotel that I found when I was looking to house my family for our wedding. They're basic but nice, good space, kitchenette, etc.

It's the financial district, so it's quiet on weeknights/weekends, but it's super-safe and has a HUGE subway stop five minutes away that can get you anywhere midtown in 15 minutes. My wife and I live down here, it's really lovely - right by the Seaport, 10 minute walk to Batter Park City, etc.

Check it out, see if it suits your fancy and saves enough $$ to be worth going off the beaten path:

http://manhattanseaport.citysearch.com/

If you really want to be midtown, the only place I have experience with is the Hotel Delmonico, 59th St. East./Park Avenue. We stayed there on our wedding night, had a HUGE suite for about $325/night, which was a good rate based on our shopping:

http://hoteldelmonico.citysearch.com/

We loved it.

Enjoy!

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 08:52 AM
A.M.

Hello Kim,
A few years ago I stayed at a hotel called The Kimberly, which was all suites and very nice and central.
A.M.

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 09:23 AM
kim

There is a Doubletree Suites in Midtown and the all-suite Rhiga Royal (Marriott). there is also a group of all-suite hotels called Manhattan East Suites. All of these have websites so that you can check them out.

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 09:38 AM
plummie

We stayed at the Kimberly Suites in July. Full 1 BR apt, separate living room, full kitchen, balcony. Summer rates were $219, but I believe they go up by $100 a night after Labor Day. Location is at 50th and Lexington - easy enough walk to 5th avenue and one-half block from a subway line. Also good bus service. Hotel was very nice for the price and the staff couldn't have been nicer. They are owned by the same group that owns the NY Health and
Racquet Clubs, so can use their health clubs gratis (the one on 58th Street is nicer than the closer one on 50th and Madison) and can also go out on the club's boat. The hotel has a web site - might be www.kimberly.com

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 09:47 AM
Jim Lloyd

You might want to look at the Embassy Suites Hotel New York City. All the rooms are suites plus you get a free breakfast and evening reception at Embassy Suites Hotels.

http://www.embassynewyork.com/

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 11:38 AM
Diane

We stayed at the Algonquin Hotel last winter in a nice suite. There was a good sized living room and a smallish, but charming bedroom and bath. There was another bedroom to the other side of the living room that with the unlocking of the door could make it a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite for 6.( you would have to use the sofa bed). The rates were reasonable --and it had the added bonus of the Oak Room cabaret downstairs. A nice older hotel not too far from Fifth Ave and Times Square.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 06:57 AM
Steve

we stayed at the carnegie suites last year. i don't remember where exactly it was, but it was nice.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 02:08 PM
Brooke

We stayed at the Rihga Royal in June and really liked it. In midtown, very nice hotel at a very reasonable cost ($200). It has suites, but the room we stayed in, fyi, has only twin beds and then a pull out sofa that can sleep 2. but a huge bathroom! (we had 3 people so it worked out nicely!) supposedly, lots of rock stars stay there b/c this hotel has some of the biggest suites in NYC (we saw a couple of celebs while we were there). An added bonus, there's a great Irish Pub around the corner with very nice bartenders! Hope that helps!

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 06:33 AM
kch

So, Brooke, which celebs did you see?

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 07:28 AM
John

Hi Brook

Was that Irish Pub called "The Irish Pub" on 7th Ave? That is my favorite place when I have the 'urge' for a Guiness!!
JOHN

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 06:30 PM
Brooke

Yes, John. That's the Irish Pub on 54th and 7th. Not really an authentic Irish Pub but a great place with such friendly bartenders! Oh and kch -- didn't see many celebs. Saw Liam Gallagher of Oasis -- that's why we were in NYC to see Oasis and the Black Crowes. Liam was staying at our hotel and we saw him at the Irish Pub one night. Very cool. And not sure how celeb this is, but did see Ice T coming going into the hotel. Every time I go to NYC, I'm always wishing I'd see some celebs!! I probably do, but don't even notice!