Reload this Page >

Looking for info on Hanalei Bay Resort and Gloria's B&B

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2000, 11:13 AM
Mark

Anyone stayed at either? Both? I'm thinking of spending my Homeymoon in Kauai in early Oct and I'm looking for romantic/affordable accomodations. How are the beaches? Dining? Other activities not too miss? I read siginificant discounts can be had at Hanalei Bay. How? Gloria's? We're in our mid 20's and would like to unwind after the wedding. Then maybe hop over to Maui for a little more nightlife/excitment. Thanks in advance.

Old May 19th, 2000, 12:37 PM
Lani

Hanalei Bay Resort is a great resort for October, still summer in Hawaii. Go to entertainment.com to check out the book/card. You should save 50% on HBR with that card.

Gloria's is another story. $200/night for her wonderful B&B. No discounts can be gotten there, that I've ever heard of. It's so good she doesn't have to!

North Shores beaches are great in October, and there's tons of good restaurant up there, and all over Kauai!

Old May 19th, 2000, 01:57 PM
lisa

Hi Mark. I looked into both of these places for October. Gloria's sounded great but it was about $200 and offers no discount. Hanalei Bay offers a 50% discount with the Entertainment Card but they don't publicize it -- I was only able to get it by calling the main Aston Hotels reservations number which you can get on the Aston website at www.aston-hotels.com (I think it was 1-800-92-ASTON if I remember correctly). When I called the Hanalei Bay directly using the 800 number listed for it in the guidebooks they told me the 50% discount rate is only available less than 30 days in advance, but this is not the case at the main Aston number so call the main one. The best rate I was able to get was the entertainment card rate of $85 per night (plus tax) for a mountain view room (they also had ocean view rooms available for more $). That does not include breakfast. We checked and their regular rates are $170 per night for a mountain view so that is a significant savings. You can make a reservation without having the card yet but you have to have the card with you when you arrive to check in. You can get the card by buying the entertainment book, which I purchased through www.entertainment.com.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 01:44 PM
David

We haven't stayed at either place mentioned, but did have lunch and dinner on two different days at Hanalei Bay Resort at Bali Hai Restaurant and it has to be one of the most magnificent settings on earth- mountains with countless waterfalls, and a view of the bay and sunsets to the west- this is where South Pacific was filmed in 1958.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 03:02 PM
Michele

Mark: I travelled to Kauai last September - it was a most spectacular island! We did the Maui jaunt as well, but nothing was more spectacular than kauai. While I'm a diehard b&b fan, I was persuaded to stay at the Hyatt. TRY TO FIND A REASONABLE PACKAGE FOR THIS RESORT! Magical! Transcendant! WOW! Maui paled in comparison. You might want to try the b&b's associated with Mama's Fish House. An enchanting place, delicious food and the amazing site of windsurfers by the schools.