Reload this Page >

looking for discounted cruise for firefighters

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Barbara

Would anyone know of any discounted cruises for firefighters?

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 02:00 PM
xxx

Barbara, why not check with your union?
Any company that has made such an offer would no doubt contact them!

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 06:13 AM
nina

Actually lotsa, Teachers and Nurses get a nice discount at the Walt Disney World Swan/Dolphin and I believe Firefighters get a big discount at Disney or free and cruise free on Disney cruiseline.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 06:46 AM
jacki

I think I saw something from Carnival Cruises--give them a call.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 06:58 AM
knockitoff

If a teacher, nurse, EMT, police officer, or volunteer wants to post a question here regarding discounted cruises, they are more than welcome. Obriously, Barbara, or her husband (or perhaps a friend of hers) is a firefighter and she just wanted a little information about cruises. She didn't ask for your personal opinions!!!!

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 07:33 AM
Traveller

Barbara, I know I saw something about this very recently and thought it was a great idea. Sorry, I can't remember where I saw it, but you may want to check with a (pardon the expression) travel agent. Good luck.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 08:02 AM
John

Nina.., what type of discount do teachers get at WDW Swan and Dolphin?? My wife is a teacher and we go to Disney quite often, where can we findo ut about this??
Thanks!

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 08:21 AM
nina

They offer it most of the time until they fill their quota of discounted rooms. It's usually $129/night and last fall it was $99. You just have to ask for the Teachers rate when you call and show proof when you arrive.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 08:23 AM
Minnie

The best site for finding out about disney discounts is www.mousesavers.com. They do list a teachers discount, nurses discount, government employee discount and Florida resident discount for Swan and Dolphin. I believe the price is $129/night regular price is $189/night. The website gives you a code and you must call to disney central reservations with the code numbe rot get hte discount.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 08:28 AM
Tina

Hi Barbara I am a travel agent in Michigan and I know that Carnival Cruise Line was offering deals after 9/11 on certain cruises-try them-good luck-

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 08:56 AM
John

Thanks Nina for the tip! Also want to thank Minnie for the website.., going there now!

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 12:13 PM
nina

Actually the Teacher/Nurse/gov.t rate has been available for quite some time, long before 9/11, and not just to fill up the place. My sister has used it several times and has never had a problem booking with it, even prior to 9/11.

Many Hotels have always discounted rates for govt. employees. You'd probably have to ask them what the logic is there. If Olive were still around I'm sure she could help us with this one! It really doesn't seem fair, particularly when I've heard that some doctors have used the nurses rate. I hardly think they are in the needy category of intended beneficiaries!

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 02:40 PM
John

Melody Cruise Lines has a free program for firefighters, police and EMTs on their Caribbean sailings this winter. I saw the reference at the Freighter World Cruise website, http://www.freighterworld.com/new.html

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 02:50 PM
Traveller

Barbara, still wracking my brain trying to figure out where I saw info about this. Here's an idea: why don't you post your question on the cruise board of this site. Someone over there may have seen the info too.

Good luck

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 02:29 PM
julie

yep,I saw the same special @www.1cruises.com for emt's, firefighters, and police you pay for the companion @a special rate and the hero cruises for free

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 02:55 PM
cd

I checked out these sites and it is no big deal. It is a sales tactic. I did not see anything that was a better bargin than you could get anywhere else. Who is the cruise line? How much is air fare? etc.......