Reload this Page >

looking for a unique adventure!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 03:48 PM
marty

Hello. I am looking for a unique, exciting wonderful place to send a friend of mine. In previous years I have sent him to an underwater hotel, napa valley, and to La tomatina in spain (the worlds biggest food fight). I am looking for places that you would never think existed, but are so beautiful, or exciting, or just amazing that you love them. If you could help me out with this I would really appreciate it.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 04:52 PM
NotAMS

How about to Noach's house?

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 05:07 PM
Herman

A visit to the IceHotel would make for great party conversation.
If you've not heard of it, it's a hotel which is built from scratch each year, literally made entirely of ice. (Melts each summer, hence the need for major refurb each year). It's located well above the Arctic Circle in northern Sweden. The place has a sauna, bar, chapel, sleeps over 100 people. Package deals are available with dog sled transport to the IceHotel and option for nights at a nearby traditional Scandinavian chalet. Cost is not outrageous, something like $100 USD as I recall. Check icehotel.com, click the English translation box.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 06:43 PM
hoosier

Marty, with all due respect I noted you're the promotions director for an Indianapolis radio station, and I find myself wondering if your question is personal or aimed at supporting a future commercial promotion for your station. If the latter, I think it violates the spirit, if not the letter of Fodor's acceptable use policy for the forums. Can you confirm it's personal? What's the name of your friend?

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 07:53 PM
Al Godon

How about Greenland, before it melts?
It is cool on the remaining ice.
A lot cooler than Phoenix or Tucson this time of year.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 09:08 PM
Tom

The New England Seashore offers a night in a lighthouse. Some of these masterpieces are architecturally unique and offer some amazing views.
In Williams, Arizona there is a turn of the century bordello (The Red Garter?)with three rooms upstairs and a bakery down. It is now a B&B. The rooms have red flocked wallpaper and they serve you fresh pastry in the morning.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 09:18 PM
Tom

How could I have forgotten this one.I travel to Finland occasionally for business. In Lapland there is a new attraction that opened not that long ago. It's called Santas Workshop. It is underground amusement park..come Santa. It's address is the North Pole. The Finns bring their kids there, and it is said to be a real trip, especially in winter when above ground it is 30 or so below 0. They play off the Santa theme and do a bunch of tacky little things like send and postmark letters to your kids from the North Pole.
Pack him off with some reindeer pelts and a bottle of the the best Vodka you can find.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 05:39 AM
don't

What difference would it make if it's for a personal friend or for a trip giveaway on a radio station? I don't see the problem.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 06:00 AM
msh

Ankor Wat, Kampuchea.