Reload this Page >

Looking for a great family white beaches vacation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 10:24 AM
Jo Dee Adelung

We are planning a trip the first week in January with 14 and 17 year old daughters. We are mostly interested in beautiful beach, clear and very warm water, nice beachfront accommodations. Any suggestions?

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 10:44 AM
susan

Wow, that's a pretty tall order! I've spent a considerable amount of time on beaches in Florida and other panhandle states, but most are cold during January. In Miami, the average high during January is 74, but we've been there during that time when it was cold and rainy. I don't think there's anyplace either in Florida or along the Gulf coast that will guarantee warm weather. Maybe that will help narrow your choices somewhat.

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 10:45 AM
Brook

The coast of Maine. Just kidding. The west coast of Florida.

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 01:07 PM
kam

How about Mexico? Even San Diego can be cool in January. I don't know anything about the Carribbean--maybe someone could suggest something there.

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 04:49 PM
Trish

Hi Jo Dee,
You may want to consider Cancun. The whitest, nicest beach I've ever been to. (Have been to the Bahamas & all along the East coast of the U.S.) Cancun definitely had the best beach! There are lots of all-inclusives to choose from that are great for families. My husband and I stayed at the Fiesta Americana. It was beautiful! Happy shopping for the perfect beach!

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 04:51 PM
Trish

I forgot to mention that I was in Cancun the last week of November. The water was warm, and we enjoyed great snorkeling!

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 07:22 PM
freewoman

You might want to consider Grand Cayman. Have been there in July, December and May and the weather was the same temperaturewise. We did get one day of rain in July but that is to be expected at that time of year. The winter is a wonderful time to go there. Seven mile beach is a great beach and the restaurants on the island are excellent. When we took our December trip, I booked through travelocity and they bought the package from American Airlines Vacations. It was quite a bit less than we had paid for the July trip through Adventure Tours. Too bad you are not going before the end of the year. AA Vacations has some really good prices on their Fall Caribbean Special through the end of the year.