Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Looking Buffalo hotel for reasonable rates for 5 nights

Nov 4th, 2019, 08:47 PM
Original Poster

I am looking hotel in Buffalo for 5 nights with three Childs with reasonable rates. Should I look the hotel little far from downtown for better price. Which area will be very good and very reasonable to stay. Any hotel recommendations? Thank you
Nov 4th, 2019, 11:27 PM

>>with reasonable rates<<

Let us know how much you want to pay in dollars.
Nov 5th, 2019, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

I am looking hotel CAN$<=125 with good location if possible
Nov 5th, 2019, 07:29 AM
J62

"good location if possible"

Buffalo is a big place.

What do you consider a good location?
- easy highway access?
- walking distance to trendy boutiques and smart cafes?
-quick get away to the airport?
-waterfront?
Nov 5th, 2019, 07:52 AM

You need to think in US$ terms. CAN$125 = a little over $90 US. And you need to figure in taxes -- so if you want to stay under CAN$125, you are looking at $80 and $85 US, which is pretty low.

Will you have a car and can stay out in the suburbs, or do you need to be in the city center
Nov 5th, 2019, 08:04 AM

I live in the Buffalo area but would need more information from you before I could give you any meaningful advice.
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

I will have a Car. If you live in Buffalo then you can help me a lot. I am visiting 1st time so really don't know where I should stay. Can you also advise which location(s) are good to visit Buffalo for 5 days with kids interest. OR 5 days are too much for Buffalo to visit?
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:42 AM
J62

According to the other post they are visiting for 5 nights with three kids the week of Nov-18 to Nov-23, traveling from nearby Toronto...

The weather at that time will be similar tempartures you'd find in Toronto - near freezing for daytime highs, and well below freezing at night/mornings. Being on the east side of the lake the chances of snow, freezing rain, or rain are much greater.
There may be 5 days worth of things do to in the summer when you can be outside, but at this time of year I think 5d is too much.
Nov 5th, 2019, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

So then How many days will be enough to visit Buffalo and enjoy with kids and what locations needs to be seen during the visit.
Nov 5th, 2019, 10:02 AM

5 days in Buffalo in November is about 4 days too much. Just kidding. sort of. It's a weird time of the year. Summer activities are over but winter ones haven't started yet. What are your interests? Why did you choose to visit Buffalo at this time of the year? There are hotels in the downtown area that I can recommend but not sure what you would do there with kids. I don't have kids so I am not particularly attuned to what there is to do with kids. Honestly, you might want to reconsider postponing your trip until next summer. Or maybe to the winter when there are other options like ice skating, sledding, skiing, etc.
Nov 5th, 2019, 12:19 PM
J62

I can't think of any raeson to be in Buffalo (in November) for 5 days.

If you were planning to visit Niagara Falls you could spend 1 or 2 days there, on the Canada side. In addition to seeing the falls there's an indoor waterpark the kids might like, a Ripleys believe it or not, Clifton Hills / Skywheel, among other things. Be sure to check November hours before you commit to your trip.
Nov 6th, 2019, 05:38 AM

As others have said, November is cold and grey here so not the best time to visit with children. Any other time of year you would have so many options of things to do with kids. That doesn't mean there isn't anything to do, however. There is a brand new children's museum in Canalside that's getting rave reviews:

https://exploreandmore.org

You could visit the museum then afterward go ice skating, or ice biking, or ice bumper cars right next to the museum. (Check the hours - I think the ice is open starting at 3:00 p.m. into the evening, except for weekends when they are open earlier.

https://buffalowaterfront.com

There is a hotel for $100 U.S. (before taxes) very near to downtown. It's across the street from the huge medical campus, but a very easy drive/uber/subway trip down Main Street to Canalside. You could spend a night or two there then move onto Niagara Falls.

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndha...ntown/overview

I also suggest finding a hotel on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. The Festival of Lights begins on November 16th. The kids will love all the lights and displays (plus there are tons of kid friendly things to do there).
Nov 6th, 2019, 08:45 AM

Stay in Niagara Falls... off season rates are well below $100... Drive to Buffalo for activity... just Google hotels in Niagara Falls...