Long-Term Parking @ BWI

Apr 15th, 2003, 08:57 AM
LT
Original Poster

Long-Term Parking @ BWI

I'm flying out of BWI in the next few days, & I'm wondering what's the best/least expensive option for long-term parking. Will be gone for 3 days . . .

Also, do you know any lots that take credit cards?

Thanks!!
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:12 AM

There are 2 or 3 satellite long term parking lots (color coded green and blue) with shuttle buses to take you to the terminal. There are also some overflow lots (even farther from the terminal) in the event the others are filled. I've only had that happen once.
All the lots took credit cards.
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:42 AM

PArking at BWI is among the cheapest for a major airport. Long term parking is only $7.00/day with the seventh day free.

There are other options, but this i probably the cheapest.

Also, if you stay at some of the airport hotels, they will allow you to park free while travelling( but it won't be as secure as other options).

BWI parking info:
http://www.bwiairport.com/3drctprk/in_pi.shtml
Apr 16th, 2003, 08:33 AM

The Patapsco Light Rail stop has been designated an overnight parking area to accommodate travelers to BWI & Penn St Baltimore. Check www.mtamaryland.com for more details. It's 6 short stops to BWI - make sure you get on a train with sign "BWI" vs "Cromwell/GlenBurnie" Light Rail hours are 6am-11pm M-F, 7a-11pm Sat, 11am-7pm Sun. Fare is $1.35 and the trip is <20 minutes, bringing you right to the terminal.

CATCH: I don't know how secure the lot is. The brochure I have from MTA reads to lock car & place valuables out of sight, but that is often standard language used for most parking venues. There is no fee, but for overnight parking you must notify the MTA police @ 410-454-7740 I have never used this, just passing it on.

Apr 16th, 2003, 09:06 AM

We always use Park & Go out near the satellite parking. Comparably priced to the first respondent, however they pick you up and take you back to your car, they will help with luggage, are open 24 hrs/day, take credit cards and offer discount to AAA members. They have a distinctive yellow van that circles the airport, and a toll free number you call to let them know you are ready to go back to your car if you don't see a van.