Reload this Page >

Long Security Lines at La Guardia?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 01:14 PM
paul

Will be traveling out of La Guardia on a monday morning. I assume that this will be a busy time at this airport and need to determine how early to arrive at the airport. I might just do a carry on if lines are expected to be long. I would like to know what people are experiencing these days and whether there is a curbside check in for luggage. Thank you.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 05:27 AM
To

ttt

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 07:02 AM
John K

There is no way to predict how long security procedures will take at any airport. I have gone through the security proceedures at La Guardia 15 times since Sept. 11th and have checked in and gotten to the gate in anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. But as with any airport in the world now there can be a security issue, bomb scares etc. It's best to follow the airline's recommendations which are usually to get there 2 hours in advance.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 08:28 AM
RQF

LGA has curbside check in at American Airlines. I assume other airlines offer this service as well.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 04:49 PM
cindy

Paul,

I traveled through LaGuardia on Sunday, Feb. 10th at 1:00 pm. We got through in about 25 minutes, compared to over an hour at Raleigh/Durham. As long as you get there early enough, you will be fine. Note: We had to show that our ID matched our ticket name four times, in both airports. We checked our bags at curbside for us air. It was a breeze. Have fun!!!

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 05:44 AM
paul

Thanks for the info. I have a 9am flight on a monday morning which is probably a prime time at the airport so I was interested in how long people are waiting on line there these days. So much of it must depend on the time you are there i.e. I went through the Raleigh-Durham security in 10 minutes (compared to Cindy's hour) on an early Sunday morning.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 06:14 AM
nina

My husband had a 10:30 flight on Delta to Washington last Monday am. from LaGuardia. Traffic was unusually light so he arrived at 9:05 and was able to catch the 9:30 flight! All in all from curb to gate, 12 minutes.