COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Loews South Beach

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 01:30 PM
Claudia

Loews South Beach

Has anyone stayed at the Loews in South Beach. It sounds very nice and we thought it would be a little quieter than staying right in the middle of South Beach but it is still close to everything SoBe has to offer. We are traveling with teenagers so want to be near South Beach but not right at the heart of it. We would love to hear from anyone who knows anything about it. Thanks!

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 05:40 AM
Brian in Atlanta

I stayed there a couple months after it opened last March (on a business boondoggle). They were having some trouble with service (rude desk clerks, rooms not cleaned even when asking twice, reservations overbooked, etc.) but those problems may have been corrected. The places is beautiful with an amazing pool and great beach. You still will feel like you are "in the middle of it" but it is quite quiet at night (assuming you get an upperfloor room facing the beach).

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 01:49 PM
graziella

Hello, I live in Miami Beach and I wouldn t stay there...if you wish to visit SB, the Loews is just one more big hotel, I understand what you mean by traveling with teeagers, but choose something with more character, this is all South Beach is about, for instance How about the National, which is fairly big too, ....but for real South Beach charm choose the Delano, or the Tides, if they are too expensive there are lovely smaller hotels like The Impala, very European, or the Ascot with a small pool, ....the Leon is small charming, ...and many more. But since you mentioned the teenagers try the National, it has more class and flavor than the Loews, ...

graziella

Hello, I live in Miami Beach and I wouldn t stay there...if you wish to visit SB, the Loews is just one more big hotel, I understand what you mean by traveling with teeagers, but choose something with more character, this is all South Beach is about, for instance How about the National, which is fairly big too, ....but for real South Beach charm choose the Delano, or the Tides, if they are too expensive there are lovely smaller hotels like The Impala, very European, or the Ascot with a small pool, ....the Leon is small charming, ...and many more. But since you mentioned the teenagers try the National, it has more class and flavor than the Loews, ...

graziella

graziella

graziella

graziella

graziella

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 01:52 PM
graziella

Sorry ...I do not what happened !!!