Lodging Suggestions

Old May 25th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Lodging Suggestions

We have not totally decided on our where in Co. we want to go yet. We just know it will be in Sept.
We are looking for lodging that is secluded, great views, preferably up in the MT's, (not valley) really nice - not your standard run of the mill hotel/motel, private jacuzzi area, .....yet, not too too far from a town where there is dining, and things to do.

We would like to go rafting, and hiking, yet have some nice dining and shopping choices as well.

Any suggestions and reviews would be really appreciated.
Old May 25th, 2006, 01:46 PM

You might get better information if you included the location where you seek lodging suggestions. Does Co. refer to Colorado?
Old May 25th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Cvechko

We are going to a place called Inn At Lost Creek in Telluride, Co in June. Looks like it may have the things you are looking for. You can check it out at www.innatlostcreek.com.

Old May 26th, 2006, 08:18 AM

September is a superb time to visit Colorado, the earlier in the month the better, for fall colors and usually spectacular weather.

Have you considered Aspen as your destination? Top notch lodging and dining, unsurpassed mountain scenery, plenty to do (except rafting - too late in the season). Vail/Beaver Creek would be another suggestion. I'm also partial to Rocky Mountain National Park (Estes Park).
Old May 28th, 2006, 10:56 AM

I used to work at the Inn at Lost Creek and its beautiful, but in Mountain Village, not in the Town of Telluride so you will use the Gondola or drive back and forth if you stay there. Otherwise, September is a perfectly beautiful time to stay anywhere from Montrose, to Ridgway to Telluride to Durango. Check the rafting places to see if September is going to be too late in the season.
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 07:39 PM

Sheri,
I imagine the Gondola does not run 24 hours. Do you have any idea of the times?