Reload this Page >

Lodging near Yosemite

Search

Lodging near Yosemite

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 1999, 07:48 AM
Pat D

Lodging near Yosemite

We're going to the San Francisco area in mid-October, then to Yosemite for a couple of days and then down the coast. I've been printing all the wonderful information from posters on places to stay, visit, eat and can't wait to do it all. Hope someone has some suggestions of where to stay in the Yosemite area as I'm sure I need to get reservations ASAP. Thanks!

Old Aug 30th, 1999, 08:07 AM
dave

Try the Ahwahnee... it is usually booked 1 year (365 days to the day, in fact) in advance, but I have been able to get occaisional last minute bookings due to cancellations. Immediately outside of the southern Park boundary (5 miles from big trees, 30 minutes from Yosemite Valley) in Fish Camp is the Tanaya Lodge. This is also a fabulous hotel. Have fun.

Old Oct 14th, 1999, 06:16 AM
gtc

Try Yosemite View Lodge. Right outside park. Nice rooms at reasonable rates. Even includes kitchenette so you can cook a little breakfast or snack. General store on premises to buy food and things. Down the road is Cedar Lodge which is nice as well. Believe they are in El Portal

Old Oct 14th, 1999, 07:07 AM
Liz

We stayed at Cedar Lodge this past summer and it was fine. You should know that the road between El Portal and the park is open for limited hours only due to construction. Check the Yoesemite web site for more info. When we visit the park again, we will try to stay in the park. There are more moderate choices than the Ahwanee, such as the Yosemite Lodge, in the park. If booked I would try south of the park in Fish Camp or Oakhurst.

Old Oct 14th, 1999, 07:27 PM
Donna

We were in Yosemite about 10 days ago and stayed in Fish Camp at Apple Tree Inn. It was very nice. We had a room with two queen beds with a fireplace and TV for $126/night + tax. There was also a coffee maker, small refrigerator and microwave in the room. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. Continental breakfast is also included in the price. The facilities also include a hot tub, racquetball court and indoor pool. The Inn is located next to the Tenaya Lodge which has several restaurants. There is a walkway between the Inn and the Lodge that you can use (about 5 min. walk) if you plan to have dinner at the Lodge or you can just drive over. The Apple Tree Inn is about 4 miles south of the South Entrance to Yosemite on Rt. 41. The phone number is 1-888-683-5111.
P.S. The Ahwahnee is worth a visit even if you are not staying there. We had lunch there and really enjoyed it. It's a lovely hotel. Have a wonderful trip. Yosemite is truly spectacular!