Lodging in Sonoma/Napa w/ an infant?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will be our first visit to the area, so we aren't really familiar with it at all. Can anyone recommend any hotels/inns/etc that might accomodate an infant (crib)?

She'll be 11 mos, so we aren't looking for entertainment for her, just somewhere to stay that can provide a crib of some sort.

I think I'd love to stay in Healdsburg, but I have a feeling our need for infant accomodation will determine the location we end up in.

Thank you!
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

I came across reviews of the West Sonoma Inn in Guerneville and that looks like a good option. I wish there were something in Healdsburg that didn't cost $350+.
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 07:47 AM

I live near Healdsburg and have 2 little kids so I thought I'd give you a little feedback about my immediate area.

Healdsburg is great. I'm there probably every couple of weeks. The town square is cute and has some cute shops and restaurants.

You might want to consider staying in Windsor which is just south of Healdsburg (less than 10 min. drive).
Search online for "Sonoma County Condos" In Windsor the next town just south of Healdsburg (less than 10 minutes drive). I think its part of Wyndham's Trendwest Timeshare but it looks like you can rent at least a 1 bedroom there. I haven't stayed there since I live in town but I meet people weekly who are staying there and they love it. It looks like they have cribs and I think a kitchen is always a plus when traveling with kids!

There's not much around it except a golf club but you are within 2 minutes (drive) of Downtown Windsor which has been revitalized in the past few years. There are a few really good restaurants, a organic grocery/deli, winetasting, bakery, cafe, and shops. There is also, I hate to say it, a Starbucks. The espresso drinks at nearby Cafe Noto are the BEST!

Windsor also has a Holiday Express and coming soon a Hampton Inn. I think Healdsburg has a Best Western. It's on the north end of town, not really walking distance to downtown Healdsburg.

Well, I probably gave you way more info than you wanted but I thought it couldn't hurt! Reply with any other questions. I'll do my best.

Have a nice trip!
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 08:07 AM

The West Sonoma Inn does look nice and reasonable prices! How do I say this politely? Guerneville does not have the family atmosphere that I look for in a vacation spot. Except it does have Armstrong Woods to view the fabulous redwoods! You can even walk it with a stroller.
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

jjmcook - I can see from photos of Guerneville that it isn't the nicest. I'm just having a tough time finding a place that our whole group will be happy with. The other couple wants to keep the cost under $150 a night. I was thinking more in the $300 range.

Unfortunately the Sonoma County Condos are booked. Thanks for the tip though!

Maybe I'll keep searching for other options to avoid Guerneville.
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Just found this place, which I think will be perfect.

Here's hoping they have availability!

http://www.allseasonsvacationsuites.com/thearea.html
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 05:26 PM

Great Location! Have fun!
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 09:28 AM

Hi,
I just saw this post and I live in Windsor. It is a very kid friendly place. If you are around on a thursday night, come to Windsor. They have a farmers market, with local resturants serving food on the village green. They have live music from 5:00-7:00 and then show a movie on the lawn. Lots of people there with kids (some in PJ's, the kids that is). You can bring your own wine (and food, if you like) and picnic. A great way to spend a night out with a little one.
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 04:07 PM

I'd check out www.sonomacountyvacations.com and look at the cheaper rentals at the end of their list. They are well under $250. a night and might be perfect if you have a child. Most of the rentals are in the Healdsburg area, which is where I believe you would prefer to stay.
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 08:04 AM

Check out the Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn, a nice place that is walking distance to the plaza. Have fun! **kim***
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

We ended up booking with the All Seaons Suites I posted above (through Camellia Inn). They look perfect for us.