LODGING IN CHARLESTON, S.C.

Nov 7th, 1997, 06:04 PM
KAREN MANZO

LODGING IN CHARLESTON, S.C.

We will be visiting Charleston in May 1998. There are so many bed and breakfasts and period inns. Does anyone have a recommendation for one that has charm and is well located. I would also like suggestions as to good restaurants. Thanks

Nov 7th, 1997, 08:55 PM
Anne Beer

The Rutledge House is a first-class bed and breakfast. Also, the Planters Inn has been recently refurbished--it's a hotel facing the market. Charleston has so many great restaurants: Fulton Five, Carolina's, Slightly North of Broad, Magnolia's, Pinckney Cafe to name a few. Have a great time!

Nov 10th, 1997, 07:32 AM
Sheri S.

For a B&B I suggest 2 Meeting Street, if you can get a room. It's at the end of the Battery facing the park. The house is beautiful and very romatic. For an inn I suggest the Vendue Inn which is at the intersection of Queen and E. Bay (across the street from Magnolias and the Waterfront Park.) It's within walking distance of most everything. And Magnolias is a great restaurant. If you need more info, send an e-mail.

Nov 10th, 1997, 07:32 AM
Sheri S.

For a B&B I suggest 2 Meeting Street, if you can get a room. It's at the end of the Battery facing a park. The house is beautiful and very romantic. For an inn I suggest the Vendue Inn which is at the intersection of Queen and E. Bay (across the street from Magnolias and the Waterfront Park.) It's within walking distance of most everything. And Magnolias is a great restaurant. If you need more info, send an e-mail.

Nov 13th, 1997, 09:15 AM
Malcolm

Just returned------Eat lunch at Hyman's on Meeting Street. Plaza Grill in Mt. Pleasant was great. (In a strip center but nice inside----great food).

Nov 13th, 1997, 10:00 PM
alison

what is considered the "off" season for charleston? is that now or another time?