Notices

Lodging/Housing in Tahoe City!

Old Sep 21st, 2008, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lodging/Housing in Tahoe City!

We are 3 students (girls) from Perú and we re going to work in Lake Tahoe from December 6 until March 25 aprox (with the J1 visa). We'd like to find something cheap but comfortable in Tahoe City.. no more than 1500 per month (utilities included). We are 19, clean, friendly, responsible, organized and don't plan on being indoors much while we are there. Just looking for someone who could rent us a house or an apt.., or we would appreciate if someone could offer us a youth hostel or cheap housing at hand . If you can help us, send us an email at [email protected]

We will be working at Squaw Valley so we would like something near there,

Thanks!

Andrea.
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 12:03 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Try Truckee. More options plus I think it will be an easier commute to Squaw.

Good luck.

MY
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 12:08 PM
dmlove

I'm not sure the commute from Truckee would be easier -- Tahoe City is definitely closer than Truckee, but maybe there's more traffic in that direction. In any event, I'd suggest you look on Craigslist. Also, the Tahoe ski resorts hire many people from out of town (Northstar seems to be staffed exclusively by Australians most winters) -- don't they have any suggestions?

Here's a map of Lake Tahoe that shows the towns and the ski resorts.

http://www.tahoecam.com/tahoeinfo/tahoemap.html

Old Sep 21st, 2008, 08:01 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I thought the same as dmlove - that the various resorts would provide their foreign workers, at minimum, contact lists of agencies/properties for rent.

I think either Truckee or Tahoe City would be your best bets. Squaw is just about midway between the two towns. It is slightly closer to Tahoe City - but the drive is about equal time-wise.

But Truckee is larger and would probably have more availability.

Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 04:35 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Go to www.Tahoebonanza.com and click on classifieds in the upper right hand corner. This will take you to a screen that has a drop down window for searching rentals in the lake tahoe area. You can search by parts of the lake, (North, south, etc.) or you can narrow your search further and search for specific towns. You'll want to be in one of the towns in North Tahoe. Carnelian Bay, Tahoe City and Tahoe Vista are probably your best bets.
Good Luck!