Reload this Page >

Lodging - Grand Canyon & Sedona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 10:31 AM
Sue

We are planning a trip to the Grand Canyon & Sedona in April and would like to stay in each place 2 nights. Any suggestions for places to stay. It will just be my husband and myself and we are looking for a nice place, but not as high as Enchantment. Grand Canyon Park is full. Has anyone stayed at the Grand Hotel or the Quility Inn?

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 10:43 AM
john

We stayed at the Poco Diablo Resort in Sedona. Had a nice room overlooking the executive golf course. It had a gas fireplace and cathedral ceilings. A little outside of town, but very nice. I would recommend it.
Also, if you get a chance and don't mind a little bouncing around, go on the Pink Jeep Tour. We went on the Red Rock trip and it was great fun. My wife couldn't stop laughing the whole time.

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 10:58 AM
ellen

John, can you please give me more info about the Pink Jeep Tour? How does it differ from the other tours? Also, how long is it, and the approximate cost? Do you have a web address?

Thanks, John!

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 11:11 AM
lisa

Hi Sue. I just went to Grand Canyon and Sedona in late August-early September. If you do a search you should be able to find my trip report. In Sedona I stayed at the Comfort Inn which was right next door to a Quality Inn. The location was good and the hotel looked fine. We thought the Comfort Inn was a great value and were very happy with the room, the location, the price (which I think was around $79 if I remember correctly?), and the free breakfast. It seemed very new. It was not fancy but we weren't in our room that much because we were out doing things. We didn't go inside the Quality Inn though so I can't vouch for the interior.

At Grand Canyon I stayed in one of the "historic cabins" at Bright Angel Lodge and Cabins. It was pretty basic but the location was great and the rate was $70 per night at that time. If you want one with a view, ask for one of the "rim cabins" at Bright Angel (which are a bit more $$), or try to get in at El Tovar (again, more $$), or Thunderbird which is more modern-looking and a bit less appealing to me, but it is right on the south rim of the canyon so the location is good.

If you have time, try to do one of the mule rides into the canyon -- they are a terrific experience!

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 12:28 PM
Al

Simply check the web site sedonachamber.com for tons of information, then phone 1-800-288-7336 and ask the CofC to send you their free booklet, "Experience Sedona."